Ogilvy Washington is seeking a seasoned strategist for its growing team serving the private and public sector clients. We are looking for a strategist who speaks brand and can think creatively to solve marketing challenges using the power of social and digital media. We are seeking an enthusiastic leader who can tap a wide range of data to divine the kind of insights that drive intelligent strategies. We also require a strong team player to help guide clients and teammates to deliver effective, award-winning work.
At Ogilvy, we thrive on excellence, creativity, and dynamism, and we attract the greatest minds in marketing and communications. The proof: Our global Ogilvy & Mather network has been named Network of the Year at Cannes for five years in a row. The Holmes Report has also named Ogilvy Best Digital Consultancy in the World.
We are looking for candidates who will provide their clients with strategies and solutions that can withstand the landscape of an ever-changing marketplace. Individuals with a forward-thinking ability to identify digital and social trends and put these into practice for our clients. People skilled at leveraging media across social platforms and who demonstrate expertise in content development.
The ideal candidate brings an entrepreneurial spirit to winning work and delivering new, creative solutions that transform their clients' communications practices. He or she will have experience leading assignments with insights-driven digital and social engagement strategies, a firm understanding of the principles of branding and marketing for B2C and B2B clients. We seek a digital media rock star from an agency or a leading brand or organization with the ability to correlate creative work with measurable results. Specific experience with paid, owned and earned media in the digital environment is highly desired, including influencer marketing.
If you are passionate about social media and emerging marketing technology, and ready to use your experience in a fast-paced environment, then this is the role for you.
- Lead and manage multiple assignments to develop digital and social media strategies. Hold ultimate accountability for the recommended strategies;
- Build strong relationships with clients, provide exceptional service, and develop a deep understanding of the clients' needs, goals and priorities. Identify new opportunities for achieving clients' objectives;
- Lead teams in crafting digital and social strategies for target audiences, including platforms, audiences, experiences and partnerships;
- Write remarkable creative briefs and build enthusiasm and innovation among creative, content and account team members for your ideas;
- Manage research activities including utilizing Ogilvy resources and employing a variety of research techniques to analyze online data, the competitive landscape, the media environment, cultural trends and client activities to build meaningful insights;
- Identify key objectives, measurement tools and frameworks to ensure tactics are measured effectively and campaigns are optimized;
- Contribute ideas and help write new business proposals. Participate actively in pitches;
- Develop the talents of your team members and direct reports;
- Contribute to thought leadership efforts in the digital and social media space.
- 6+ years of relevant work experience in the digital communications space. Background must include senior-level experience in an agency environment or other client-facing setting;
- Proven track record on major accounts and exceptional client service skills;
- Must have passion for the quickly-evolving social media environment. Exceptional, demonstrated understanding of social media and the digital landscape;
- Experience developing and implementing integrated digital campaigns;
- Outstanding research, analytical and social management skills using tools such as Sysomos, Crimson Hexagon, Sprinklr and Spredfast, among others;
- Superior communication, organizational, and project management skills;
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment;
- Ability to work effectively and proactively within a team setting;
- Applying social media in your own life (please include links to your relevant social media spaces);
- Thought leadership around digital and social media and B2C and B2B communications – please direct us to where we can find your work in action or POV;
- BA/BS required.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top