Digital + Social Account Director
Ogilvy is looking for an Digital + Social Account Director to be part of the West Coast team, responsible for leading their team's work, by providing insights-driven strategies, strengthening client & partner agency relationships, collaborating with cross-departmental teams, while growing and mentoring your teams.
The ideal candidate has mastered AD core competencies and have developed the ability for managing multi-discipline projects that are heavily digital and audience journey based in nature.
- Inspire, motivate, and mentor your teams, while providing best-in-class digital + social marketing counsel, while contributing to the career growth of your team members. You will report directly into a VP or EVP, overseeing a number of key clients in the B2B, B2C and Consumer Tech space
- You've got to be amazing at both understanding and developing digital + social audits, insights, strategies, while understanding and managing clients as the day-to-day client lead. You eat, breathe, and sleep today's digital & mobile consumer, to develop brand-specific strategies
- Develop and deliver senior-level digital + social strategies to CMO-level clients, derived from industry insights and category expertise.
- Ability to foresee and identify issues and solutions, as well as opportunities to drive/extend the business and develop opportunities for the team
- Guide and contribute in the development of creative ideas and deliverables
- Understand and be well versed in paid media and measurement across social, digital, and the broader marketing mix, to provide integrated client recommendations and digital KPIs, based on brand-specific goals. A working knowledge of Google, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter's Ad products is essential.
- Identify and help sell-through incremental campaign opportunities to clients, that help them achieve the most efficient returns & results on their overall marketing dollars
- Ensuring overall quality of work on the business
- Managing client expectations, objectives, and timelines
- Understanding and navigating multiple client and internal team structures
- Collaborate with team leads of other departments and offices (Account Leads, Creative, Production, Analytics/Insights, Media) to improve and execute on client deliverables, process, and output
- Guiding internal/partner teams to deliver integrated solutions from strategy and concept, through to execution, while adequately representing client interests
- Growing, inspiring and developing a career plan for director reports and junior staff
- 8-10+ years of working in the digital / social agency space, with experience required across integrated marketing
- Advanced written and presentation communication skills
- A proven understanding and expertise in brand strategy, as well as the social/digital space and how it integrates with the wider marketing mix for Fortune 500 size brands
- Entrepreneurial hustle to get things done, dealing with last minute requests, and must be results oriented – able to drive the process forward and quickly problem solve within the agency and clients to deliver campaigns against strategy to drive the best results
- Collaborative, upbeat demeanor and warm personality that contributes to our strong culture and will work well across teams, including: Creative, Project Management, Media, and Analytics -- from initial brief and brainstorm, to campaign execution and measurement
- Strategic understanding of traditional, digital, and social-specific media planning & buying, along with the proper metrics of success and measurement opportunities
- Needs to be comfortable with ambiguity at times (both with clients and internally), be able to demonstrate flexibility and creative problem solving -- staying calm and easy to work with, especially when issues arise
- Proven track record of leading major accounts and exceptional client service skills
- Experience leading and managing growing teams
- Top-notch social and communication skills to deliver impeccable strategic social counsel
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Strong management skills to help identify and grow junior talent
- Demonstrated ability in successfully managing agency retainers and revenue forecasting
Ogilvy is one of the top ten marketing communications firms worldwide and the leading global network in one to one marketing. Today, Ogilvy employs over 15,000 people in 450 offices around the world. We are a member of the WPP family of companies. Our tradition of providing training and career development to our talent began with founder – David Ogilvy – and continues today over 60 years later. The strength of our reputation however, continues to lie in the collective skills and talents of the individuals we hire.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top