Digital Account Director
Ogilvy & Mather Is constantly looking at growing the family by attracting talent that will bring in fresh new innovative concepts
The Ogilvy Office in Cape Town ( GLOO@ Ogilvy) currently requires an Digital Account Director
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing inspiration from insight and catalytic thinking that will give way to ideas to that accelerate success in the digital environment.
- The role of the Account Director is to lead a particular piece of business, within a constructive and creative operating environment.
- The Digital Account Director is the leader of the Account Management team and is the primary manager of the account. As such, he/she must recognise his/her prime responsibility for ensuring the quality of the agency's product, particularly the strategic and creative product, and for inspiring the highest standards in other team members. In so doing, he/she will contribute to the successful and profitable stewardship of clients' Brands.
- The Digital Account Director must be an active and enthusiastic advocate of Brand Stewardship, in theory and in practice. This means both completing the procedural sides of Brand Stewardship and living and breathing the philosophy of stewarding each Brand worked on.
- The Digital Account Director is expected to build excellent relationships with clients, extending into social situations, and with all members of the agency team for whom he/she is responsible.
- The Digital Account Director's leadership role on his/her business should also contribute to the department in a positive manner: by setting an example of best-practice account management skills.
- OTHER DUTIES INCLUDE
- Has a deep understanding of the client's business and of the key broader factors and trends shaping their markets and categories. Looks for opportunities to engage in broader business dialogue with clients.
- Is the client's first point of contact on all main strategic, creative and resource issues.
- Is the Business Director's first port of call on all questions relating to the business.
- Builds strong and enduring relationships with clients, professionally and socially, particularly at the Marketing Manager or equivalent level.
- Regularly seeks out ways to add value to the client/agency relationship (e.g. joint speaking appearances at conferences; effecting introductions to other members of agency management; agency presentations on broader industry issues).
- Represents/merchandises the client's business within the agency.
- Is responsible for setting the creative context of the business: knowing what type of advertising the Brand needs and understanding what the client thinks he/she wants, if these differ.
- Is the Creative department's most senior contact on a day-to-day basis, providing an overall vision and direction for the creative work and ensuring it is set in the correct business context.
- Is an excellent judge of creative work and is willing and able to argue a case in any client/agency forum.
- Understands how best to present the agency's work in a client forum to best effect.
- Keeps the Executive Creative Director and Creative Group Heads apprised of all relevant client/account issues.
- Responsible for to the writing of Business Plans for the account.
- Is responsible for maximising the account's billings and/or income and for seeking out additional income opportunities.
- Contributes to the good financial management of the business, improving profitability wherever possible, monitoring all billing procedures carried out by the Account Manager/Executive, alerting the Business Director promptly to any likely changes to billing and income, any potential write-offs, etc.
- Ensures that timesheets are always up to date and given to Finance timeously.
Traffic / Production
- Is responsible for ensuring appropriate timescales on all major productions.
- Is responsible for ensuring the right resource is allocated to the business in this area.
- Is responsible for ensuring that the client understands the importance of having enough time for creative development.
- Forms a strong and enduring relationship with his/her Planner on the business.
- In tandem with the Planner, develops the most insightful advertising strategies and sharpest creative briefs possible.
- Oversees the team's digital output – carries out quality control and effective resource management.
- Keeps abreast of all developments in areas of digital and fosters the use of best practice.
- Is ultimately responsible for the smooth running of the account – operationally, creatively and financially – and is answerable on these points to the client and to the Managing Director/agency management.
- Creates the best possible environment in which to produce the best possible work. Is responsible for ensuring that his/her teams have the right time and resources to deliver this, within the client's time frame.
- Builds the respect and loyal commitment of team members, of the department and of the agency as a whole.
- Effectively manages and coaches the more junior members of the Account Management team (AM's, AE's, BA's) sensitively, positively and pro-actively.
- Delegates effectively and appropriately – upwards to the Managing Director, as well as downwards, and to other departments.
- Involves the Managing Director appropriately on all relevant issues: status of business, brand health, creative projects, timings, etc.
- Post graduate degree or National Diploma, majoring in communication, marketing, advertising or other related Business Sciences
- Financial and budget control ability
- Marketing knowledge and experience
- Outstanding people management skills
- Committed team worker
- Intellectual depth
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong service orientation
- Integrity, energy and creativity
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top