Ogilvy is looking for a technologist with a few years of experience and a ton of passion to join our Worldwide Technology Group as a DevOps Engineer. As a DevOps Engineer, you will report to the DevOps Manager, and work with the Global Application Integration team to deliver stable, scalable, and agile computing environments for Enterprise Systems. As such, you will gain exposure to just about every area of technology, from programming and QA to hardware and infrastructure, release/configuration management, implementation, and more. You'll work with the team on the set-up, implementation, maintenance, and support of mission critical systems. In this role, you will gain more knowledge in and experience with technologies you've worked with previously, while learning and developing many more skills with various technologies that will be brand new and exciting to you. If you possess a CS degree, a couple years of overall IT experience, and a burning desire to continue learning more, we'd love to speak with you.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Work with the team to manage the scalability, performance, and availability of the Ogilvy infrastructure and applications.
- Assist in managing existing systems and services spanning the entire application stack.
- Develop automation and other tools to minimize delivery time and increase developer productivity.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal teams and third party services to effectively resolve day-to-day issues and relay updates to the rest of the team.
- Help identify opportunities to improve system scalability and stability, and implement enhancements and best practices for modern development principles and methodologies.
- Participate in the design and development of new and evolving services, architecture, and performance standards.
- Develop strong relationships and collaborate with key internal engineering and product stakeholders to fully understand project roadmaps, and eventually be in position to act as a subject matter expert on advanced infrastructure and platform capabilities, features, and offerings.
- Plan, organize, and document complex system design activities, and configure systems consistent with institutional policies/procedures.
- Write and maintain thorough technical documentation of all required processes and activities using various online tools (Changes, Validation docs, systems proposals/recommendations, etc).
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- A recognizable passion for technology that drives you to learn as much as possible both in professional settings as well as independently, and the ability to apply that knowledge to successfully implement new technologies and processes
- 2-3+ years of experience, preferably working within a Web server/software administration or operations role, working with the following:
- Linux and Unix based OS's
- Windows Server
- Networking fundamentals, mainly TCP/IP
- Application layer protocols, including HTTP, SOAP/REST, DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, TLS/SSL
- Web server technologies including IIS and Apache
- MS SQL &/or MySQL
- Familiarity with tools for systems management, operational support, and performance monitoring
- Knowledge of common modern programming languages
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams and 3rd party operations groups
- The ability to effectively communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical individuals both verbally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust, and credibility with colleagues and stakeholders
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond effectively to emergency situations
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- The ability to work very well within a team, as well as independently with little supervision
- Enthusiasm, reliability, a flexible attitude, and a good sense of humor
Any Experience with the following technologies would be advantageous, but is NOT required:
You will gain both knowledge and experience with the following:
- Proxies: apache mod_proxy, haproxy, mod_sec and Load Balancing technologies
- NoSQL databases (i.e. MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis)
- Configuration Management (Puppet, Ansible) and Log Analysis tools
- Versioning tools such as SVN and Git
- Nginx web server technology
- Scripting languages such as Python, Bash, and Perl
- Cloud services – Azure, AWS, &/or Softlayer
- Security and/or infrastructure experience is a plus
- Docker and Containerization technologies
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top