- Washington, DC
Ogilvy is looking for a Designer to join the DC creative team. As a Designer, you will play essential role in the conceptual and visual architect for a wide range of media elements including print, social, digital, mobile and motion. This opportunity is for someone who brings an exceptional design aesthetic and craft to any creative project.
The DC office has had a lot of success in doing government work for social good and now has a new CCO charged with bringing in new private-sector clients who are ready to do make great work. The pace is rigorous with a lot of project work while also a lot of volume as it is an integrated environment. You’ll be working in a creative team full of nice, talented people who are excited to work with you and a new CCO who’s poised to deliver on great expectations.
- Implements strategic and conceptual thinking to solo design projects with little oversight.
- Collaborates with the creative team contributing to creative concepts, visual style and image treatment for projects, pitches and presentations; capable of measuring ideas against the industry’s highest design standards, creative strategies and the client’s business objectives.
- Assists team in commissioning and managing outside illustrators, photographers, etc.
- Takes personal accountability for on-time deliverables and expertly designs in accordance with client style guides, standards, audience and media.
- Proficient in the most up-to-date design programs, proactively researches and pursues opportunities for professional development and becomes an expert in new tools as they become available.
- Collaborates with the Ogilvy team to share learning and experience and to establish initiatives and best practices.
- Contributes to overall office morale, spirit, character and work quality.
- A portfolio of exceptional and multidisciplinary work
- Strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- A minimum of five years’ experience in the creative industry, with experience across design, branding, and typography
- Exceptional design aesthetic, variations on styles, and awareness of design trends
- Advanced presentation skills: designing presentations as well as presenting internally and to clients
- Proficiency with relevant Creative Cloud programs and other design programs
- Deep knowledge and passion for the work being done in the fields of advertising, design, communication arts
Ogilvy welcomes diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, disabilities and all else, and we strive to create an equitable and inclusive environment for all.
Back to top