Copywriter - Ogilvy Healthworld
A day in the life of...
Ogilvy CommonHealth – the largest global network in healthcare communications – provides strategic, integrated communication solutions for our clients, including many of the biggest names in the pharmaceutical industry. In the UK, we operate under the name of OHW UK and comprise of over 180 healthcare communication specialists across the disciplines of advertising, medical communications, market access, clinical trial management, consulting, digital, and public relations. We believe we are like no other; we blaze new trails, we encourage a culture of creativity and innovation; we challenge as well as generously reward our team.
Brand Promotion & Digital is a new way of working. Clients with digital communication requirements no longer have to make a decision between a traditional healthcare expert and a digital guru. Our full service approach delivers experience, thought leadership and specialist skills in both healthcare and digital. That gives us the freedom to use technology to its full; create inspiring work that engages, and generate interactive experiences that make brands stand out from the rest. That is our passion.
We rely on you to...
- Researching, planning and writing materials for HCPs and patients
- Patient education/ befriending
- Detail aids –Rx (specialist/ secondary care – e.g. Trobalt) to OTC (pharmacy – e.g. alli)
- HCP literature (varied, recent examples include a guide for pharmacy on how to run a weight loss clinic, and training slides for mental health nurses)
- Campaign collateral
- Research into therapy areas
- Making sure that legislation is adhered to
- Collaborating with other members of department to fulfil creative briefs (conceptual) for pitch and rollout
- Digital – websites (audiences from corporate to patient), interactive (e.g. patient surveys, scenario training), animation scripts
- Reference packs
- Attending client meetings
- Attending pitch to present creative
- Briefing other members of team/ freelancers
You are great at...
- 3-5 years integrated agency experience
- Excellent thinker with intelligence, creativity and inspiration
- Proof of craft and adaptability within a strong mix of print, digital, conceptual work
- Act as scientific and editorial consultant on brands, showing ownership of data and ability to source, package up and adapt core claims with insight
- Continuing passion to input strategically to brand
- A great patient focused, creative voice – ability to adapt tone for professional audiences too
- An interest in innovation and a creative desire to do things differently
- Decent mix of pharma brands and projects both Rx and non-Rx
- Leadership, the desire to progress
- Team player
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top