Copywriter (Health & Wellness)
- New York, NY
We are looking for a writer to join ‘Alkmy’, our Dynamic Content Studio – a close-knit team of creatives working together as a collective to create fresh, bold, distinctive and breakthrough Social content. This unique opportunity offers the chance to work in close collaboration with the strategic and creative teams of Ogilvy, and with some of the best social & content experts in the industry. Your mission: to conceptualize unique and disruptive ideas that are Social at heart and write meaningful, effective copy for some of the biggest brands in healthcare.
- Ambitious and hungry – ready to take on a huge challenge.
- In love with your work and passionate about your craft.
- You have the ability to work on a broad range of creative tactics.
- A new wave creative: dreamer, doer, maker.
- Crazy enough to think you can change the industry.
- You can work independently and also collaborate with designers.
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to write compelling copy in a manner that’s tailored to audiences, Social platforms and culturally relevant moments. The writer should be able to effortlessly adopt the tone of voice for various brands within healthcare addressing topics such as oncology, rare disease and migraine prevention. The candidate will collaborate closely with Art Directors, designers and strategists to ensure ideas are developed from concept through to execution while staying on brief. The writer must be confident and persuasive in presenting and selling concepts to internal teams, senior company leaders and clients. This is a position for a seasoned, driven, results oriented, and highly creative individual with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, manage deadlines, and produce highly effective creative.
- Collaborates with the team to develop, and present creative concepts for clients and new business to help establish and build healthcare brands on Social.
- Works closely with art directors and designers to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone, style, and brand guidelines.
- Must be able to understand business objectives and audience demographics to be able to successfully land the messaging.
- Responsible for translating creative direction and copy points from creative briefs into engaging and effective concepts.
- You have a full understanding of clients’ legal and editorial needs, and adopt a solutions-oriented approach to write within the limitations
- You have good scientific and medical knowledge to be able to translate technical concepts and conditions in an accurate and empathetic manner
- Proof-read and vet copy before to ensure consistency in tone, grammar and messaging before assets are handed over to be published
- Stay abreast with global cultural trends and industry updates, and proactively develop timely ideas for relevant brands
- Minimum 3 years of relevant copywriting experience in the digital space and a proven track record of having written for healthcare brands
- An affinity and interest in the world of “higher science” brands such as antibiotics, cancer treatments and migraine prevention
- Passion for learning and self-improvement
- Proactive and a self-starter
- Positive attitude and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Adaptable and able to handle changes in briefs, priorities and edits
Back to top