Ogilvy Consulting is the Business Transformation, Brand Strategy and Innovation consultancy within the Ogilvy Group. We help clients including Nestlé, Facebook, HSBC and LEGO answer tough questions about how to grow through business transformation, brand strategy and innovation platforms. We are now in our fifth year in the UK and EMEA and have just been named a Financial Times UK leading Management Consultancy for the fourth consecutive year.
It’s an exciting time to be joining Ogilvy Consulting. We’re growing and we’re hiring Consulting Directors, Business Transformation.
Our Business Transformation Consulting Directors bring unique blends of creative thinking, strategic depth, and analytical rigour. They’re broad thinkers with specialisms that help clients drive business and customer growth through successful set up and activation of Business Transformation programmes. With hands-on experience in business design, marketing transformation or human capital optimisation they are growth advisors to business leaders and are just as strong in researching and framing solutions as they are in presenting them.
The Business Transformation practice knows that as companies strive to adapt to fast changing market conditions and take on ambitious growth and value goals, many find elements of their current organisations (propositions, capabilities, structures, processes, platforms, governance) are not optimized for future-facing success. Moreover, there are many companies finding that their current organisations are not optimized to deliver against the current objectives. We work with and inside organisations to help prioritise and design the future-fit Target Operating Models, and then develop incremental roadmaps to help them achieve it, while building resilience in the short term. We design out silos, complexity, and old guard culture, while working with clients to design in new structures, including the necessary governance, cultural change management, and/or employee experience that revitalises the company from the inside out to drive impact.
Ogilvy Consulting is different from other consultancies. We are nestled in the heart of a world-leading creative agency and pride ourselves on bridging strategy and execution. We’re also organized differently, with a flat hierarchy designed to provide opportunities for big contributions by team members of all levels. Aside from Business Transformation, we also have a practice dedicated to Brand & Marketing Innovation, Sustainability, and the largest Behavioural Science group in any UK agency or consultancy.
2021 has been a great year for Ogilvy Consulting and we are significantly scaling up our team for greater growth in 2022. As a Consulting Director, Business Transformation, here’s what you can expect:
- Managing the day-to-day project engagement; you will own workstreams and act largely independently with your project teams. You apply the right methodologies and have an agile mindset, taking ownership of client deliverables and timelines
- Managing client relationships strategically, commercially and operationally
- Participation or leadership in strategic new business pitches and initiatives
- Ensuring Ogilvy Consulting has an impact in client meetings and presentations
- Participating in all aspects of methodology and work, including analysing quantitative research as well as creative thinking and developing strategic recommendations
- Managing the financial and budgetary aspects of your client projects
- Keeping abreast of innovations in your area(s) of expertise, actively contributing to the knowledge base
- Acting as a role model; you are regularly sought out after for views by peers and the wider team
- Contributing to a positive, diverse working environment that fosters-high quality output and coaching others on the value of collaborative working
Skills and Attributes:
- At least 6 years of strategy consulting experience with a leading firm, specialising in Business Transformation
- A developed specialism in Business Transformation that might include Digital / Marketing Transformation, Go-To-Market Strategy, Organisation Design, Human Capital Optimisation or Change Management
- Challenging conventional views and presenting ideas persuasively to gain buy-in
- Able to draw critical human and cultural insights from data and observation
- Able to translate strategy and strategic thinking executable solutions
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
Ogilvy Consulting has adopted a hybrid working approach, with minimum of two days in the Sea Containers House offices per week, three days for new starters. Once we are past COVID restrictions, travel will eventually be expected as potentially part of any engagement, though less time is spent on client premises than at traditional consulting firms.
We are a deeply passionate group who find consulting hard work and rewarding in equal measures. We are looking to scale the team with talent who are as ambitious as they are rigorous and innovative – people who see themselves advancing according to merit and are open to seizing the opportunities our fast-moving growth environment offers. If this sounds like you, please get in touch.