Client Financial Controller
Working as part of the Client Finance Team the CFC is responsible for the financial management and financial reporting for a portfolio of clients. The CFC is the main point of contact for the Business Partner (BP) and the client team.
The CFC will report directly to the Financial Controller with a dotted line into their Business Partner(s). The CFC will also work directly with the Finance Director on specific assignments.
The CFC is supported by a Client Finance Assistant (CFA) who will assist them in dealing primarily with billing, WIP, budgets, PO queries and ad-hoc client requests.
This position will be responsible for one of Ogilvy's key clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monthly reporting of revenue, ensuring revenue is reported in accordance with GAAP
- Managing expectations throughout the month ensuring that Management are aware of potential upsides and downsides before month-end
- Provide explanations for variances versus forecast, budget and prior year
- Manage the quarterly reforecasting process from a revenue and resourcing perspective executing a client plan that is achievable
- Working with Department Heads to ensure that resource requested in reforecast is acceptable
- Management of client profitability, ensuring that the account is managed profitability and proactively addressing margin issues
- Thorough understanding of all WIP balances ensuring all amounts are recoverable from client
- Thorough understanding of all debtor balances assisting credit control in chasing overdue amounts
- Overall management of Net Working Capital accounts, meeting with Financial Controller on a monthly basis to provide explanations for aged items and devising a plan to maximise working capital position
- Monitoring of client T&E accounts ensuring spend is in accordance with company policies and within budget
- Ensure across the account that time is recorded in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure SOX compliance across the account
- Assist internal, external and client auditors for successful audit outcome
- Ensure contract summaries are up to date and the team are fully aware of key contractual terms
- Ensure any client reporting requirements (time reconciliations, PO status etc) are adhered to in a timely manner
- Carry out finance training across the account to ensure the account team fully understand financial processes
- Support and consult Business Partners and client teams in all financial decisions
- Fast and accurate response to requests from FCs and FDs
- Involvement in contract renegotiations and new RFPs as and when needed
- Analysing trends and developing a plan with the BP/FD for any problem areas
- Involvement in preparation of business plans and recommendations for investment / strategic review
Our chosen candidate must:
- Either be part-qualified finance professional or looking to pursue a professional finance qualification
- Relevant experience in a service oriented business and understand the key drivers of agency costs and efficiencies
- Proactive and be able to demonstrate previous experience of driving change
- Be a confident and persuasive communicator (written and verbal)
- Be a natural team-player capable of both team-building and participation at all levels
- Display a high level of commercial and professional credibility
- Be passionate, enthusiastic and mould breaking
- Excellent attention to detail
Removal Date 21-Mar-2018
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top