Client Finance Manager
Effective is an experience agency that embraces digital complexity through a measurable, human-centered design approach. We use comprehensive insight to help clients discover unmet opportunities and build transformative customer experiences.
With more than a decade of raising the bar, our purpose- driven, diverse teams share their expertise in design thinking, customer insights, data strategy, and technology to empower clients and achieve long-term success.
The Client Finance Manager will be a vital part to the Effective Finance team. The Client Finance Manager will support the VP of Finance while also being the liaison between Finance/Operations, Sales and Delivery teams.
- Manage the freelance requisition for the organization along w/ VP of Finance
- Support our VP of Finance in reviewing proposals and Statements of Work (SOW)
- Work with our VP of Finance to review and negotiate contracts with suppliers, consultants and our clients
- Act as an advisor to our Client Engagement team for all commercial matters related to budget, billing, collection, direct expenses and profitability
- Responsible for producing client and project P&L's monthly and guiding the Client Engagement team on areas of improvement
- Review and approve all client related expenses
- Assist in the creation of budgets in SAP (our financial reporting system) once SOW's have been assigned
- Act as a liaison to the New Business team in helping with the creation of proposals and pricing strategies
- Ad-hoc reports for the VP of Finance
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once to meet necessary deadlines
- Keep management updated on problems with projects and report back any difficulties, using analytics, or problem solving skills to resolve
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Maintain the integrity of financial reporting process, and ensure compliance with all SOX and specific client requirements
- High level of confidentiality
- MBA preferred
- Previous agency experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, good listener, proactive, can stand up and drive changes
- Familiarity with financial accounting practices and US GAAP and SOX requirements
- Experience in financial analysis, forecasting, profitability analysis
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with SAP
- Project management and customer service oriented
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Effective does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, domestic violence victim status, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or because of any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top