Client Finance Analyst
The Client Finance Analyst provides financial support to client account teams and monitors budgets on a project basis. This position will typically report into the Senior Client Financial Analyst. Job responsibilities include assisting in the creation of job estimates, budgets and client staffing plans, ensuring adherence to contract billing policies, providing summaries of monthly billing and reconciliations, and assisting with financial analysis and reporting as required. The successful candidate will have strong analytical skills, financial analysis and/or accounting experience in an advertising or service industry environment, strong Microsoft Excel and Word proficiency, a positive outlook and imagination, and excellent written and verbal communication skills. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious individual who takes pride in the work they produce, looking to continue gaining experience within Finance & Accounting at one of the top ten marketing communications firms worldwide.
- Provide financial support to client account teams and monitor client budgets on a project basis
- Provide financial information to various departments and clients as required
- Provide client financial analysis in the review of monthly results
- Forecast and perform annual budget preparation
- Assist in the creation of job estimates, budgets, and client staffing plans
- Assume role of primary financial contact for account team and resource manager on assigned client business
- Generate professional financial reports for review with clients as directed by account team
- Provide complete journal entries, time entry transfers and provide invoicing instructions
- Provide summary of monthly billings and reconciliation
- Secure client P.O. or necessary work/payment authorizations and ensures adherence to contract billing policies and workflow procedures and monitors accounts receivable status and follow-up on aged balances with client
- Lead and participate in financial meetings
- Opens and manages jobs in coordination with account team.
- Participate in the coordination and submission of all internal and external periodic reporting to Corp Headquarters and/or parent company (actuals, budgets, re-forecasts, balance sheet variance analyses, interest, foreign currency, special year end reporting items (YE reporting packages)
- Prepare journal entries in relation to month end close
- Assist in intercompany payables and receivables
- Assist in all internal and external Audits
- Participate in any and all Sarbanes Oxley initiatives
- Perform reconciliations and analyses of key accounts and coordinate activities with the treasury and accounts payable department
- Participate in Ad Hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance required
- 2-5 years related experience
- Accounting background preferred
- Advertising/professional service experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong excel skills
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top