Business Program Director
The Lacek Group (TLG), a specialty agency of Ogilvy & Mather, is a fast-growing customer engagement agency. We work at the intersection of brands, data, and creativity to help industry-leading companies build and strengthen relationships with their best customers.
Our client engagements include major loyalty programs for some of the world’s most recognized brands . . . and we now have an exciting opportunity for a Portfolio Director. This position will report directly to the business leader of one of one of TLG’s fastest growing clients with a dotted line into the VP of our project management office.
- Overall accountability and responsibility for the on time delivery of the program elements
- Manage the work of multiple project owners/managers to drive on time delivery of a program that has multiple work streams, many integration points, multiple vendors and multiple client contacts.
- Manage relationships with internal leaders and client contacts to drive ongoing alignment with the overall strategy and objectives for the group of projects /work streams against our clients’ business goals
- Establish a formal reporting structure and protocol in order to obtain the information you need to coordinate and monitor progress across all projects within TLG, outside vendors and within the client’s organization.
- Establish and drive effective and frequent communication to key stakeholders and project managers to ensure teams are apprised of project strategies, priorities, status, and changes.
- Develop and maintain overall program plan and status report for senior executives on the progress of individual projects and the overall program.
- Work with individual project managers / owners to establish plans and goals for each project. You will help set objectives, and agree to timetables for achieving intermediate and overall goals. You will also be responsible for reviewing dates to ensure that projects remain on target.
- Ensure necessary and appropriate steps are taken to resolve difficulties which may impede progress or compromise scheduled milestones.
- Establish and maintain a framework for program issue resolution and risk mitigation as well as the centralized visibility of these issues.
- Works with PMO team to integrate process improvements and methodologies into current processes and planning.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- 5-7+ years project management experience – ideally in an advertising or marketing environment with some technology elements
- 5+ years client contact experience
- Experience managing a program or portfolio of interrelated projects with internal and external parties and vendors
- Proficient using project management tools such as MS Project and Jira; knowledge of Rally is a plus
- Experience managing projects and programs using waterfall and agile methodologies
- Evidence of positive results using project management best practices
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding and persuasive client-facing and relationship management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with autonomy and good judgment
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Dynamic leadership, collaboration, project management and team-building skills
- Strong relationship-management skills
- Ability to address and resolve conflict while preserving key relationships
- Agency or marketing experience is necessary
- BA in business, marketing or a related field
- PMP certification a plus
You’ll love working at The Lacek Group – smart people, great environment, engaging culture, comprehensive benefits and fantastic growth opportunities. Your confidential inquiry is encouraged.
The Lacek Group
900 2nd Avenue South, Suite 1800
Minneapolis, MN 55402
The Lacek Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Back to top