Business Director (Cross Channel)
A day in the life of...
The Business Director (BD) role is managerial, but also one of agency leadership. This individual owns a planning group and his or her responsibility extends from complete oversight of their assigned clients, to staff management/development to profit and loss (P/L) management. The BD provides strategic leadership, understands all aspects of their clients' business and is deeply involved in the future offerings of Neo.
We rely on you to...
Work directly with senior clients to manage their media activities in the UK and in Europe.
- The BD cultivates senior relationships within the industry and with search engine/media sales people. They are also active in the media community – sitting on panels and other public opportunities.
- The BD is expected to take part in larger areas of agency development – new business pitches, committees and task forces
- Direct report to Client Marketing Leadership
- Marketing teams of programmes, branding and direct response
- Other stakeholders with a marketing need, and no defined digital agenda – these clients require us to consult to them on the opportunities of digital and develop plans accordingly
- UK: MD Neo, FD Neo, Neo Managing Partners, Business Partners and Business Directors, your direct client team and
- Ogilvy account partners and planning leadership
- Offline and other media/creative agency partners
- Regional: Neo EMEA Local Markets leads, Neo Regional leads, Regional Finance leads
- Global: US-based global account leaders for assigned client
Principle Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Manage a major network client, overseeing the paid search, SEO and digital work internationally
- Harness partner networks to ensure we build the highly impactful and effective creative solutions alongside Neo's search and media activity
- Build and maintain senior client relationships
- Direct the development of client presentations and other important communication
- Train, motivate and develop search team/planning group
- Grow client business and manage their planning group P/L
Revenue and Profit Accountability:
- Partner with the senior management team and Finance on establishing fees and scopes of work
- Develop a tight partnership with Finance lead to ensure proper team resource management and adherence to contract terms
- Re-evaluate progress against revenue/profit goals monthly
- Develop best/worst case scenarios for input into monthly financial plan
You are great at...
Fostering Strong Client and Agency Relationships:
- Partner with account leads on all aspects of client service.
- Build trusting, collaborative relationships with clients of all levels
- Stay on top of business and client concerns to head off issues
- Look for opportunities to provide better client support
- Include Ogilvy senior leadership in appropriate Client meetings
- Considerable search engine marketing and media planning experience with at least some recent high level clients (with this seniority, knowledge of offline media is expected)
- Proven leadership ability – have managed a team of planners & Account Directors
- Demonstrable experience in managing international clients (preferably European experience)
- Demonstrable experience in managing Financial clients
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- Resourceful, with proven problem-solving skills
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top