A day in the life of...
O&M is a world-class, multi-awarded creative agency, based in London, with two basic beliefs:
All roads lead to the work and we all work for the work.
"All roads lead to the work" because we are not a service industry, we are a manufacturing business; where our output is the very best creative product that we can make for our clients.
"We all work for the work" because creative is not a department, it is what we all do for a living.
At O&M we all work together to create the conditions within which great creative work can happen.
No excuses, no exceptions, no shirking, no blame. We're in this together.
We strive to make socially relevant work for our clients.
This is creative work that generates or joins a conversation bigger than the advertising.
Ideas that live beyond paid media. Ideas with ambition.
We work for all kinds and all sizes of clients (with all kinds of needs and budgets).
We represent O&M in London for large global clients like BP, Philips, and Amex.
We are O&M London for local clients running domestic campaigns from Kronenbourg to Amnesty International.
If that sounds like somewhere for you then we'd love to see you.
Ogilvy has recently acquired a large-scale client that has a portfolio of global brands.
The portfolio within Global brands is extensive and is focused purely around skincare and cosmetics.
We are looking for a Global Business Director to help steward this new acquisition and help the client realize their ambitions for each of the brands, which are of varying scales and require deeply integrated approaches to marketing communications.
This BD would work as part of a full 360 team (including media and PR – a new model agency).
Skincare/cosmetics experience is essential to this role.
We rely on you to...
- 360 leadership across the global consumer brands business with responsibility to develop the Ogilvy business and relationship across various disciplines from traditional media to digital and social engagement
- Manage the day-to-day operational running of the business, from revenue pipelines to organizational structure and process
- Working with a range of client stakeholders: from the marketing directors to the brand managers across a number of brands
- Tasked to help identify and successfully onboard each brand and win the hearts and minds of the new client teams through great work
- As the brands themselves grow, effectively grow the business through new opportunities
- In conjunction with the Creative Director, ultimately responsible for the quality of the creative work on the business
- Working in partnership with Planning, to apply innovative thinking to the development of insightful communication strategies, a longer-term brand vision and outstanding creative briefs and effectiveness.
- Motivating and managing the agency team to make sure we are fast, responsive and flexible, producing the work at the highest level but with speed and polished presentation
- Monitoring the scope and deliverables to help manage the internal agency team and resources to make sure that the account is maintained profitably
- Keeping the team motivated, agile and nimble due to the varying and changing requirements of each brand
REPORTING TO: WPP Integrated Business Lead Global Consumer Brands
- With the account team, managing day-to-day relationship and operations with client Brand and Product teams
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of key initiatives across and as part of integrated 360° communications programs
- TV and Film
- Customer communications and experience
- Working with PR and Social specialists
- This is a global role, and some of your time will be spent liaising with and supporting local teams in the USA and possible agencies in other countries
- Responsible for financial management of projects and will have an overall revenue and margin target
- The team is currently being built, however you will likely be directly managing 2 or more members of the team. You will be responsible for managing the career and training for your direct report(s).
- And responsible for interfacing with an integrated team of Strategists, Producers, Creatives, Designers, Illustrators, Information Architects on key projects.
You are great at...
We are looking for someone who:
- Cares about their clients' needs deeply and always seeks a partnership
- Knows when to use their persuasive skills to change client decisions and when to focus on delivery
- Acts as a natural leader that people gravitate towards and will follow, but understands that team work and leadership are not hierarchical
- Likes to roll up their sleeves and get involved in the process
- Manages risk, understanding that without risk there is no reward but that business on the scale of Ogilvy and the client must be tightly managed
Has integrated experience covering:
- Strategic understanding of communications including product positioning, audience understanding and what makes a great creative idea
- Managed large scale TV and ATL campaigns
- Through-the-line communications including social, print, DM, email, banners
- A self starter who has proven ability to build and motivate highly achieving teams
- A leader who is equally at ease driving high level strategic discussions at the brand level and steering clients and internal teams towards great work
- Output driven and resourceful with outstanding attention to detail
- Confident presenter and client manager - able to forge strong strategic relationships with senior clients and brand and category managers
- A champion of strong creative work equally at ease around traditional or digital work
- Comfortable working in a matrix organization and able to build strong, effective virtual relationships
- Experience of working on international business from a global or regional perspective.
- Ideally, someone with experience outside UK
- Upfront digital planning and design (requirements, UX, user journeys, design and HTML) – doesn't need to be in-depth but some experience desirable
- Fluency in English essential.
Extensive account handling experience:
- Skincare/cosmetic FMCG experience a must
- Senior leadership experience with gravitas to help guide clients
- Experience with digital acquisition and conversion programs preferred
- Excellent Client Service skills
- Successful team management and training/development
- Strong Integrated experience – including both on and offline advertising
- Excellent management and motivational skills
- Excellent financial management skills
- Strong strategic ability for scoping and planning Interactive projects
- Strong written and presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Clear evidence of business development skills
- Team player
- Excellent team management skills and a passion for people development
- Clear thinking, intelligent, outgoing, sense of humour
- Self starter with an entrepreneurial flair
- Passion for the Client's business – true partner to the client team
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top