Brand Strategy Director
- Tokyo, Japan
You are a trusted member on the path to great creative and business leadership. You are expected to be able to represent Geometry Ogilvy Japan's strategic thinking and points of view in modern marketing.
As a brand strategy director, you are a leader who helps frame opportunities on the account. You partner with account, creative and delivery in a Quartet that leads the clients business. You have a perspective on brands & consumers and you speak from knowledge and experience: granting you authority.
- Liaison with Geometry London and WPP client leadership on global campaigns - understanding business and brand strategy and influencing brand code development to ensure it is fit for purpose in Japan
- Feeding intelligence upstream to global teams such as local trends related to key target segments - lifestyle and consumption behavior
- Supporting the localization of global brands - ensuring cultural translation and campaign effectiveness
- Developing marketing strategy and go-to-market plan with the CLIENT brand/product teams (including setting KPIs)
- Partnering with the research agency to raise understanding of consumers across all key segments
- Developing creative briefs in support of ongoing brand objectives, product launches, innovations, and limited edition products
- Partnering with 360 Planning and the Social/Content team to ensure brand marketing objectives are delivered through the activation campaigns
- 8-12 years experience as a brand planner/strategist within a global creative/communication agency
- Experience in tobacco category a bonus
- Versed in handling global accounts
- Well trained in understanding and challenging the client’s market, brand and research data
- Able to think analytically and creatively
- Passionate in detecting relevant and fresh category, cultural and consumer insights.
- Able and eager to co-operate with external panel and partners in doing so.
- Familiar with requirements of different media channels and touch points
Back to top