Associate Strategy Director
The Associate Strategy Director leverages industry knowledge to provide key insights and strategic recommendations for positioning a client's business/products. She/he will collaborate with the client and other Ogilvy staff to develop positioning and messaging strategies, as well as strategic and tactical marketing communications contact plans. Also, this position will be responsible for providing input throughout the creative development process to ensure all client deliverables are “on strategy”. The ASD will help define key performance indicators and measurement for programs Ogilvy delivers to ensure that strategies and tactics deliver against client goals and objectives and provide expected returns. She/he will also monitor the success of the programs to demonstrate customer value as well as to ensure that the strategy adapts to important client and market changes.
- Development of brand strategies, writing creative briefs, guiding development and presentation of the creative work
- Design and implementation of research projects to address client business issues, gain insight into target audiences and testing ad concepts
- Mentor Senior Planners, Planners, Ogilvy Associates and interns who are assigned to the ASD's accounts
- Provide professional development opportunities and on the job training as needed
- 6-8 years of experience in strategic planning
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong command of most forms of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and working knowledge of when and how to apply them to a given client challenge
- Ability to work directly with clients and develop relationships accordingly on behalf of the agency
- Demonstrated talent for abstract thinking, spotting trends and patterns, an innate curiosity and insight into human behavior, an instinct for popular culture, and a nuanced understanding of creative work are critical
- The ability to work across different groups and disciplines is key to their success, as is their judgment in pushing the work, elevating the ambition of a brand, and leading the client’s thinking about the potential of their business
See Inside the Office of Ogilvy
Ogilvy is one of the largest marketing communications networks in the world. Founded by David Ogilvy in 1948, Ogilvy’s commitment to innovation has made it a global leader in brand advertising. It’s used its marketing know-how to build some of the most recognizable brands in the business, including clients like Sears, American Express, and IBM—all while maintaining its strict standard of creative excellence.
Back to top