Associate Strategy Director
We’re looking for an Associate Strategy Director to join the EightBar Ogilvy team, where you will have the opportunity to tackle a variety of business and marketing challenges – from brand building to customer loyalty and advocacy.
With offices in 20+ countries around the world, EightBar is a collective of WPP talent dedicated to IBM and focused on making IBM’s brand matter and its business perform. Whether WPP, Ogilvy, or GroupM - we are one team, no limits... just results. Our passion fuels our creativity and everything that we do. And we embody courage as adventurous inventors, self-starters and truth seekers, who pursue the hardest challenges.
If you’re passionate about technology innovation and know how to bring together data and a deep understanding of human behavior to craft compelling stories and results oriented marketing plans, read on!
Specific tasks will include:
- Build a deep knowledge -base of the client’s business to provide key insights and strategic recommendations for positioning a client's business/products.
- Develop and lead impactful, integrated and measurable strategies that deepen the customer’s engagement with the brand to drive revenue.
- Design and implement research projects to address client business issues, and gain insight into target audiences
- Develop personas, customer journeys, and channel engagement plans to guide strategic and ideation sessions with clients and with different agency departments.
- Collaborate with creative, experience design, media and technology teams to develop multi-channel creative briefs that inspire and inform cross channel creative ideation, execution and measurement.
- Partner with account teams to identify business opportunities for clients and agency.
- Lead brainstorm sessions with cross-functional teams as necessary to ensure we are bringing the best thinking to key initiatives.
- Manage and mentor junior team members.
- Provide professional development opportunities and on-the-job training as needed.
- 7-8 years of experience in strategic planning at a digital or integrated communications agency.
- Experience in b2b technology, CRM, brand strategy and/or experience design a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Experience building acquisition, cross sell, retention, and loyalty programs across a variety of engagements, channels, and industries.
- Strong ability to absorb and synthesize complex information and transform into clear and compelling insights and ideas.
- Insatiable desire to learn, demonstrating talent for abstract thinking, spotting trends and patterns, an innate curiosity and insight into human behavior, an instinct for popular culture, and a nuanced understanding of creative work are critical.
- Understand creativity and its role to customer engagement – strategically and tactically.
- Agile thinker who is highly adept at moving between diverse projects.
- Excellent command of most forms of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and working knowledge of when and how to apply them to a given client challenge.
- Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to lead integrated client and agency teams in brainstorming sessions.
- Solutions-focused with ability to inspire and instigate ideation across disciplines and departments.
- Strong desire to mentor and develop junior team members.
See Inside the Office of Ogilvy
Ogilvy is one of the largest marketing communications networks in the world. Founded by David Ogilvy in 1948, Ogilvy’s commitment to innovation has made it a global leader in brand advertising. It’s used its marketing know-how to build some of the most recognizable brands in the business, including clients like Sears, American Express, and IBM—all while maintaining its strict standard of creative excellence.
Back to top