Associate Media Director, Performance
- New York, NY
Why this role?
At Ogilvy, we believe in the power of combining media thinking with creative excellence.
The sole focus on efficiency in traditional media agencies shrinks the potential of creativity with its emphasis on simplistic numbers-based optimization. However, creativity on its own is not the winning solution either because it rarely delivers on the full potential of ideas. Our thinking combines media with strategic and creative capabilities at one of the top agencies in the world.
It is time for you to plan your next move. What matters to you is to keep learning and growing, quickly. Ogilvy is looking for a talented associate media director to lead the operation of their performance team, and it may be you. You are obsessed with optimization and won’t stop testing until you’ve beat the forecast. You take joy in implementing work that is precise and accurate, and believe that the devil is in the details. You like the creative product and pride yourself on being an excellent collaborator to the creative team. Since life isn’t only about work, you have a good sense of camaraderie and value human relations. You believe the industry is in the middle of a transformation and you want to play your part. It starts at Ogilvy.
- Accountable for all aspects of assigned clients’ media performance campaigns
- Has ownership of clients’ media services relationships, and works closely with partner agencies at senior levels to set the strategic tone for their accounts
- Responsible for managing a planning team, including skills development, performance management and career growth
- Participates on new business pitches and other areas of importance on departmental and agency levels
About Ogilvy Media?
The Ogilvy Media team is comprised of 100+ media experts sitting across various locations in the USA: NYC, Chicago, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
We are on a mission to help companies combine media and creativity in order to transform their business.
Every day, we help brands unlock the business value of media and creativity in this new, more complex world by bringing together all the skills necessary to deliver modern marketing: from audience-centric creation, to data-driven distribution, to creative built and optimized for the modern world.
For our clients, we deploy an end-to-end offering, which includes intelligence, strategy, creative, and distribution (paid/owned/earned).
We deliver work on local and global levels for a large range of clients and categories. Our key clients include: IBM, Philips, American Express, Nestlé, Centrum, CDW, and Instagram.
- Oversight on all aspects of clients’ media services for performance
- Responsible for overall media objectives and strategies that fulfill client business objectives
- Lead creation for all important plans and presentations
- Interview, hire, grow and develop the next generation of media planners for Ogilvy Media
- Demonstrate thought leadership and innovation for enhanced media plans and results
- Work closely with media analytics team to deliver optimal analysis, insights and recommendations
- Build our tool stack and form strategic partnerships with tech and platform providers
- Introduce initiatives to animate and inspire the team to do better every day
- Foster cross-agency relationships with creative, account, production and outside partners
- Train, motivate & develop Media Supervisors, Media Planner
- 6-8 years media experience, including at least 3 years in interactive planning
- Proven leadership skills and people management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including presentation and facilitation)
- Diverse account background like B2B, B2C, DTC,
- Passion for data and analytics
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience executing large, custom programs
- Excellent influence/negotiation/communication skills
- Expertise with main media platforms: DV360, google data studio,..
Back to top