Associate Director, Social Strategy (Story)
Who Are You?
You’re an all-round strategist, with a strong understanding of how brands grow in the Social Age. You have experiences in multiple categories, platforms, or across brands in different stages of growth. You worked as Senior Social Strategist or Brand Planner. You are comfortable in dynamic, fast-paced, global environments, and can adapt to an ever changing brief.
You are able to pitch bold social strategies, ideas, and frameworks to the most senior clients, as well as to the senior creative and strategy partners in your organization. You enjoy the discussions with the clients. You love to work with creatives. You’re expert in developing stories and narratives a brand should be conveying on Social, and you can turn them into smart performance oriented campaigns, working with media experts and systems thinkers. For you, Social is not just about content.
You know how to grow business – from building long-term brand social strategies, or programs, drafting the proposals, defining teams, scopes, to designing KPIs. You know how to provide strategic direction and leadership within your team of social strategists.
As a New York based Associate Director of Social Strategy, your mission will be to take the integration of social media marketing to the next level for one of Ogilvy’s top US client, steering a transformation from traditional to modern marketing for a Fortune Top100 company.
- Lead the social part of brand and marketing transformation for one of Ogilvy’s top-three US clients.
- Analyze available insights, generate new insights to define overall Social brand strategy, social campaign strategies.
- Help brands being culturally relevant through social-based moment marketing.
- Create social briefs, provide guidance in creative development, expand the integrated briefs
- Elevate the day-to-day creative outputs
- Lead and grow a team of social strategists – “Story” thinkers
- Partner seamlessly with community of “System” strategists.
- Build a strong partnership with brand planners.
- Collaborate and create synergies with other disciplines e.g. PR, customer engagement, analytics.
- Implement innovative strategic frameworks in social strategy and beyond.
- Strategically achieve growth goals in social.
- Prepare and present strategies and reports for client/agency senior stakeholder.
- Be responsible for allocation of resources, planning of team work, team skills requirements, and of drafting of budgets.
- Be the key player in new business efforts
- Become contributor in a global thought-leadership network
- 5+ years of relevant experience within a digital marketing, advertising, media, agency or creative environment
- Strong experience in developing robust, creative, innovative and sharp social strategies
- Superb understanding what role social plays in a larger brand ecosystem
- Superb understanding of social intelligence tools (e.g. social listening, audience profiling).
- Experience beyond organic social campaigns or influencer marketing is mandatory.
- Proven experience in brand building. Experience with brand planning is advantage.
- Proven successful collaboration and partnership with creative leaders
- Ability to navigate in the complex environment of integrated strategy and creation development
- Experience working with media agencies, with a focus on digital and social media
- Management experience of strategy and cross-disciplinary teams.
- A comprehensive understanding of the broad social media and agency landscape and platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to write and deliver persuasive presentations to the C-level clients.
- Track record of business growth and incremental scope conversions in social
- Strong analytical and data skills. Ability to interpret ongoing research data and media reports to guide, influence, and expertly inform communication recommendations
- Proven thought-leadership
The Ogilvy social team is comprised of 100+ social experts sitting across various locations in USA: NYC, Chicago, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
We are on a mission to help companies make Social matter for their brands.
Every day, we help brands unlock the business value of social in this new, more complex world by bringing together all the skills necessary to deliver best-in-class social: from audience-centric creation, to data-driven distribution, to creative built and optimized for the modern world.
For our clients, we deploy our end-to-end offering, which includes intelligence, strategy, creative, and distribution (paid-owned-earned).
We deliver work on global and local levels for a large range of clients and categories. Our key clients include: IBM, Philips, American Express, Nestlé, Centrum, CDW, and Instagram.
See Inside the Office of Ogilvy
Ogilvy is one of the largest marketing communications networks in the world. Founded by David Ogilvy in 1948, Ogilvy’s commitment to innovation has made it a global leader in brand advertising. It’s used its marketing know-how to build some of the most recognizable brands in the business, including clients like Sears, American Express, and IBM—all while maintaining its strict standard of creative excellence.
Back to top