Associate Director, Social Strategy
Social Lab applies Direct Marketing principles to Social Media.
We leverage the reach and targeting power of social platforms through proprietary processes, methodologies and tools to make social content more relevant/more engaging, insure it gets traction, and assure it drives results – from awareness to sales.
In the US, we strengthen Ogilvy with in-depth social platform expertise in
- Consumer engagement (including audience development, awareness & impact campaign)
- Social CRM campaigns
- Social Performance campaigns
Social Lab has a headcount of 150 people and offices in 5 markets: Belgium (HQ), France, Netherland, UK and US. Opening Spain, Germany and Singapore in 2016. We manage campaigns in 70 markets. We are part of WPP since Dec 2013.
In NY, Social.Lab is embedded within Ogilvy and functions seamlessly with other disciplines.
Social Lab’s portfolio of client includes: IBM, Philips, IKEA, Nestlé, L’Oréal, Ferrero, BMW, Mini, Aetna, E*TRADE, European Parliament, WWF, British Telecom,…
Associate Strategy Directors are responsible for overseeing a team of 3-5 Strategists and Sr. Strategists, while also delivering social strategy work for their own client(s). This team is responsible for developing high-level social strategies, and is seen within the agency as the go-to resource for all things social. This position bears the responsibility to oversee quality control of work across the team and ensure all deliverables reflect the Social Lab standard for innovation, efficacy, and design.
Ideal candidates will have prior experience developing advanced paid social strategies for large global brands in an agency environment, as well as experience in managing people. Knowledge of social marketing strategies, tactics, new innovations, and an overarching view of how social fits into the larger advertising ecosystem for clients is critical. This role will report into the Managing Director, Social Lab US.
- Work within a larger cross-functional agency ecosystem to ensure proper integration and alignment with the client’s overall marketing strategy.
- Develop and manage social campaign strategies from briefing to final reporting (setting goals and KPIs, targeting and segmentation, creative approach, post formats, budgets and media pressure, metrics and tracking strategy, A/B testing, and reporting).
- Be resourceful and thorough in collecting any available social data to translate it into actionable insights for clients and internal teams.
- Ensure that strategies take advantage of a Social CRM approach (with a multi-step funnel and re-engagement strategy) when appropriate.
- Compose thoughtful POVs or contribute to agency thought leadership efforts on how to leverage social to help clients improve their performance, competitive position, consumer sentiment, and engagement in a measurable way.
- Manage a strategy team by providing ongoing guidance, support, mentorship, and training to ensure the team’s performance and overall career development.
- Provide ongoing evaluations to team members and determine their allocations/assignments based on available scopes and workloads.
- Ensure the strategic representation of Social Lab within agency or departmental task forces, project work or new business as needed.
- Identify and nurture new business opportunities within the existing agency client base by building relationships and demonstrating the value of your team’s work.
The ideal candidate for Senior Social Strategist would have the following background:
- 5-7 years experience in social/digital marketing, with proven examples of strategies developed for well-known brands in the social media space.
- Experience managing a social strategy team in a social or digital agency.
- Strategically strong. Understands the client’s business and is able to connect business challenges and social strategy/tactics.
- Expert in understanding of social media and established understanding of the wider digital communications landscape.
- Passionate about quickly-evolving digital/social media environment with a strong POV to share with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work effectively, proactively and seamlessly amongst a large and complex integrated agency team.
- Superior presentation, communication, organizational, and time management skills, with experience presenting to Senior and VP-level executives from Fortune 500 companies.
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to communicate complex strategic campaign concepts in streamlined, logical and well-designed decks.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Be able to foster an environment that encourages risk-taking, innovation and creativity.
- Prior experience and an active interest in B2B and/or technology brands is an asset.
Back to top