Associate Director, Social Strategy
Associate Strategy Directors are responsible for overseeing a team of 3-5 Strategists and Sr. Strategists, while also delivering social strategy work for their own client(s). This team is responsible for developing high-level social strategies, and is seen within the agency as the go-to resource for all things social. This position bears the responsibility to oversee quality control of work across the team and ensure all deliverables reflect the Social Lab standard for innovation, efficacy, efficiency and design.
Ideal candidates will have prior experience developing advanced paid social strategies for large global brands in an agency environment, as well as experienced in managing people.
They will also show passion for new Technologies, Adverting, Marketing and Digital marketing. The candidates want to move the needle and innovate in an advertising eco-system they understand.
- Work within a larger cross-functional agency ecosystem to ensure proper integration and alignment with the client's overall marketing strategy.
- Develop and manage social campaign strategies from briefing to final reporting (setting goals and KPIs, targeting and segmentation, creative approach, post formats, budgets and media pressure, metrics and tracking strategy, A/B testing, and reporting).
- Be resourceful and thorough in collecting any available social data to translate into actionable insights for clients and internal teams.
- Ensure that strategies take advantage of a Social CRM approach (with a multi-step funnel and re-engagement strategy) when appropriate.
- Compose thoughtful POVs or contribute to agency thought leadership efforts on how to leverage social to help clients improve their performance, competitive position, consumer sentiment, and engagement in a measurable way.
- Manage a strategy team by providing ongoing guidance, support, mentorship, and training to ensure the team's performance and overall career development.
- Provide ongoing evaluations to team members and determine their allocations/assignments based on available scopes and workloads.
- Ensure the strategic representation of Social Lab within agency or departmental task forces, project work or new business as needed.
- Identify and nurture new business opportunities within the existing agency client base by building relationships and demonstrating the value of your team's work.
- 5-7 years experience in social/digital marketing, with proven examples of strategies developed for well-known brands in the social media space.
- Experience managing a social strategy team in a social or digital agency.
- Strategically strong. Understands the client's business and is able to connect business challenges and social strategy/tactics.
- Strong knowledge in paid social media
- Expert in understanding of social media and established understanding of the wider digital communications landscape.
- Passionate about quickly-evolving digital/social media environment with a strong POV to share with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work effectively, proactively and seamlessly amongst a large and complex integrated agency team.
- Superior presentation, communication, organizational, and time management skills, with experience presenting to Senior and VP-level executives from Fortune 500 companies.
- Strong storytelling skills with the ability to communicate complex strategic campaign concepts in streamlined, logical and well-designed decks.
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Be able to foster an environment that encourages risk-taking, innovation and creativity.
- Prior experience and an active interest in B2B and/or technology brands is an asset.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top