Associate Director, Data Analytics
- New York, NY
Ogilvy is the largest, most experienced direct and interactive marketing network in the world. We work the world’s best brands to drive growth, optimizing the value of prospective and current customer relationships with targeted marketing communications, online and offline.
Our clients range from experienced targeted marketers who seek to take their game to the next level through data-driven, and often trigger-based communications to beginners who view the web and direct response communications as extensions of their brand campaigns.
The Associate Director will be responsible for managing key analytics initiatives for our clients. The role incorporates your expertise in analytics paired with building relationship with internal teams of account, strategy and creative.
The Data and Analytics team is responsible for driving strategy through data driven insights. This role will include management of a diverse range of projects from advanced customer segmentation, brand measurement, campaign diagnostics, campaign reporting and testing design. We are looking for a candidate that provides customer and commerce insights, data-driven strategies for acquisition and marketing spend to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
The ideal candidate would have previous experience in designing campaign measurement frameworks, executing customer segmentation strategies and predictive modeling. They would also have had exposure to a diverse set of digital platforms, digital media, web analytics, social media analytics with a good sense of how to connect these to business metrics.
Here’s what you’ll be doing to lead Analytics Projects and Client growth
- Partner with strategy, account and creative leadership to deliver on projects
- Lead the data offering and capabilities of the team with project teams.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to Ogilvy colleagues and clients at all levels to help expand the role of data in our client relationships
- Deliver thought-leadership and guidance on latest techniques and use-cases
- Conceptualize measurement and optimization frameworks that help drive business impact and optimize marketing efforts
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to provide consultative insights that drive creativity and effectiveness.
- Plans and directs the analytics of the clients strategic agenda, internal culture and stake-holder issues.
- Directly responsible for analytics deliverables (reporting, analytics, dashboards, tagging, testing, etc.)
- Scope, grow and manage client relationship and business.
- Self-driven, entrepreneurial individual with proven expertise in adapting to changing digital landscape
- Prior experience planning, managing and delivering multi-channel, digital CRM marketing campaigns
- Experience working with databases and data platforms and technologies
- Comfortable with less clearly defined, qualitative aspects as well as with rigorous quantitative areas
- Being flexible, adaptable and comfortable with change.
- Ability to multi-task among several clients, stakeholders and deadlines
- Gain team’s trust as a valued marketing and analytics expert
- Leads development of insight logic and narrative for presentation materials
- Ability to work independently and influence others and clearly articulate complex findings in an understandable way for internal and client stakeholders
- Develop, train junior resources and grow the talent pool of data and analytics team
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table
- 5+ years experience in marketing analytics, multivariate modeling, segmentation, quantitative methods, database and digital data
- Educational background in quantitative field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Deep analytical experience across regression analysis, segmentation, predictive modeling, A/B and multivariate testing, brand measurement, media performance analysis
- Experience with business intelligence and data mining tools and application
- SAS, R, Python
- Visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI)
- Web Analytics Tools (Google analytics, Omniture etc.)
- Mar-Tech platforms
Back to top