The Associate Director of Brand Strategy leverages industry knowledge to provide key insights and strategic recommendations for positioning a client's business/products. The Associate Director of Brand Strategy will collaborate with the client and other Ogilvy staff to develop positioning and messaging strategies, as well as strategic and tactical marketing communications contact plans. Also, this position will be responsible for providing input throughout the creative development process to ensure all client deliverables are “on strategy”. The Associate Director of Brand Strategy will help define key performance indicators and measurement for programs Ogilvy delivers to ensure that strategies and tactics deliver against client goals and objectives and provide expected returns. The Associate Director of Brand Strategy will also monitor the success of the programs to demonstrate customer value as well as to ensure that the strategy adapts to important client and market changes.
*This position will require to be on-site (eventually) in Chicago.
- Responding to CABs (i.e. Client Agency Briefs) and coming up with the strategy solution
- Creating insightful ways-in and improving creative work
- Developing P2Ps (i.e. Path to Purchase) and Comms Blueprints
- Contributing to/Creative channel strategies (traditional, social, digital, content)
Creating Arguments & Mastering the Basics
- Writing longer presentations that establish a point of view
- Creating action plans for research: advising on quant questionnaires; analyzing tracking studies and setting up and conducting qualitative research
- Understanding more sophisticated research (Demand space analysis, MMM etc.)
- Collaborating and knowing how to “work the system” (i.e. Executive Leadership & Hubs)
- Manage multiple brands building strategies around multiple product lines/brand portfolio.
- Writing case studies and awards entries
- 6+/8+ years of experience in brand planning in an agency environment
- Familiarity with most forms of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies and working knowledge of when and how to apply them to a given client challenge
- Ability to work directly with clients and develop relationships accordingly on behalf of the agency
- Management and coaching of planners and associate planners
- Demonstrated talent for abstract thinking, spotting trends and patterns, an innate curiosity and insight into human behavior, an instinct for popular culture, and a nuanced understanding of creative work are critical
- The ability to work across different groups and disciplines is key to their success, as is their judgment in pushing the work, elevating the ambition of a brand, and leading the client’s thinking about the potential of their business
- Collaborative work philosophy both within the team and across departments