Today Ogilvy and Mather (TOM) is the leading international Marketing Agency in Myanmar. With a strong local heritage going back 20 years, Ogilvy bought into the Today Advertising operation in 2012 as soon as sanctions were lifted, and we remain at the top end of the market, working with some of the leading clients in the country: Coca-Cola, Huawei, Uber, Singapore Tourism Board, Nestle, Shell, Siam cement Group and many others. The Group includes Advertising, a strong PR division, and a large Social and Digital team.
TOM is a company of ‘firsts’ – we are constantly breaking new ground, and introducing new ideas, new concepts and new techniques to the market as well as creating creative benchmarks. It is our job at Today Ogilvy & Mather to make sure that we are at the forefront of change and are leading and advising our clients, ensuring that they are ahead of the game. For the Social team, we run a newsroom set up creating a volume of creative social content every da. This team includes designers, writers and our own filmmakers and editors.
The Associate Account Director (Social & Digital) is effectively the client lead, making sure we are delighting our clients and growing the business. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing strategy on client accounts while managing communications and expectations of the clients, providing senior level counsel and organically growing existing clients. A key part of the role includes managing and mentoring the digital client services team, as well as collaborating effectively with Advertising, Creative and Public Relations teams to ensure flawless delivery on projects. The incumbent will be working across more than one account.
- Ownership of the client’s strategy and communications - Develop and present digital strategies for clients
- Client Servicing - Sustain key interface with senior-level clients and set the tone for staff in terms of client service expectations
- Management of P&L and all finances for each assigned account
- High degree of professionalism and thorough understanding of client/agency relationships. • Provide leadership in the areas of total account management including day-to-day account activity and the provision of strategic guidance and counsel to clients that will assist clients in meeting their business objectives
- Team Support & Leadership – lead a team of Executives and Managers, educate and develop them.
- Brainstorming/ideating - Creatively develop and create strategic programming
- Manage client expectations
- Effective at results reporting
- Arbitrate/help solve client problems
- A champion of social and digital with the client and particularly within new business pitches. • Collaboration with Newsroom, ensuring seamless process and flawless executions
- Networking (Industry events, seminars, etc.) and being a champion of Social and digital within TODAY Ogilvy & Mather
- Identifying business development opportunities for TODAY Ogilvy & Mather with new or existing clients and leading our response efforts
- Champion Social in Myanmar and generate new business ideas and opportunities with existing and new clients
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
a) Quality Assurance and Team Development
- Timely delivery of online content – brand/account specific
- Quality assurance and benchmarking
- Team development and growth
- Proper manpower/resource allocation
b) Strategic Account Development and Growth
- Client/Project retention with at least 70% retention rate
- Profitability and growth of each assigned account with at least 20% commercial growth year on year
- At least 2 referrals from each existing account per year
- New business leads for Social and Digital products & services
- College degree ideally in Marketing or Business.
- A strong digital marketing background with a solid understanding of digital/social media; experience in online strategy development (for websites and online marketing) is critical.
- Experience in emerging digital marketing platforms (mobile, digital signage, innovative digital solutions, social media);
- Agency experience with digital communications, social media strategy and execution, and a variety of digital marketing techniques
- Preferably with agency background/experience.
- Must be willing to travel 15 – 25% of the time.
- Must have experience managing and training a team; work with digital teams bringing chosen strategies to life through project initiatives.
- Ideally experience in consumer brand marketing.
- Knowledge of and passion for the social media landscape, newest innovations, most popular platforms and trusted online marketing tools is required.
- Must possess a new business acumen and strong understanding of consumer and target audience and how they interact/engage with digital marketing.
- A proven track record of excellent client service, successful digital campaigns and winning new business
- Must feel at ease managing a team and working with a variety of other stakeholder groups both internal and external.
- Significant thought leadership about the digital space is a plus, including proven track record of blogging and/or social media engagement apart from client-specific efforts.