Assistant Finance Controller
Ogilvy West is seeking an Assistant
Controller based in Los Angeles, to work across four offices in the West
Region - Denver, Los Angeles, Sacramento, and San Francisco. The
Assistant Finance Controller will be a part of a four-person finance
department, reporting to the Finance Director and to the New York
accounting group. As part of a larger organization, this role will
serve as an interface between our staff and our corporate billing, A/R,
A/P and finance groups.
The Assistant Controller
maintains overall Corporate accounting, budgeting and financial
reporting policies and procedures which will provide effective control
and satisfy the informational requirements of senior executive
management, line and staff management, and independent auditors. This
position will report and interpret the results of operations in
conjunction with the Finance Director.
- Maintains GL within SAP and insures the timely and accurate posting of all data.
all reporting of internal and external periodic reporting to Corporate
office or parent company including actuals, re-forecast, budget,
corporate responsibility, client profitability, balance sheet variance
analysis, year end packages and other Corporate requests.
- Reviews all monthly results in Cartesis
- Posts all journal entries related to month end and requests from client finance.
monthly balance sheet review and SOX packages per corporate standards.
- Directs the development and implementation of budgeting systems and
reforecasting and aids in compiling budget deck.
- Liaison with the Client Finance team on individual client account reconciliation processes as needed
- Participates in all internal and external audits.
all overhead invoices in payment system and investigates issues as they
arise. - Integrates and coordinates controllership functions and
systems to achieve maximum operating efficiency and effectiveness. -
Comparing financial performance of operations with operating plans and
standards; reporting and interpreting the financial results from
operations; reporting significant trends and variances and contributing
toward the formulation of future policies and strategies which will
enhance overall profitability and operating efficiency.
- Establishing and directing a supporting organization which can
effectively perform all activities essential to the controllership
function. Financial stewardship of West, including offices in San
Francisco, Los Angles, Sacramento and Denver. Enforcement of
proper accounting rules and business controls to protect financial
health and operational integrity of the West offices.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 6+ years of experience in a financial reporting and analytical role.
- Strong background in GAAP accounting and financial management.
- Exposure to planning and financial reporting. - Prior agency experience is a plus.
- Exposure to Sarbanes Oxley Reporting.
- Established proficiency in
planning, analysis and oral and written communication. Proficiency in
Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
- Knowledge of
Cartesis or Hyperion a plus
- Knowledge of Aspen a plus
- Managerial and administrative capabilities.
- Strong communication
- Ability to work independently with senior management, peers
and junior staff.
- Ability to manage tight financial reporting deadlines
- Professional maturity and proven leadership skills.
Please include your resume and a cover letter. No phone calls
or emails please. Only those candidates selected to interview will be
contacted. While we welcome applications from out-of-state candidates,
we are unable to provide reimbursement for relocation or travel expenses
for this position.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top