Assistant Account Executive, Media Influence
Ogilvy PR is currently seeking an Assistant Account Executive to join our Media Influence practice. Our new AAE will have a passion to develop professional public relations skills while working on a number of clients in her/his group.
- Actively contributes in group and team meetings, as well as in brainstorming, developing and researching client programs.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of company vision, values and structure, including the full range of company products, services and capabilities.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for getting involved and contributing to the account, team and agency.
- Gains knowledge of the full range of resources available throughout the company.
- Monitors and analyzes media coverage and other relevant communications vehicles for clients and prepares reports.
- Develops daily monitoring reports that require minimal editing from supervisors, and are free of typographical and grammatical errors.
- Can spot errors in media coverage of the brand/client based on their understanding of the product/study outcomes
- Evaluates and analyzes information and data, including development of succinct, accurate summaries and analyses of research.
- Drafts news releases, pitch letters, case histories, by-liners, op-eds, etc.
- Able to develop fact sheet/backgrounders, first draft of pitch letter
- Knows how to accurately reference documents as per the client requirements
- Develops media lists and other reports (e.g., competitor, consumer, legislative or interest group analyses) completely and accurately.
- Affirmatively works to enhance skills and comfort at conducting media outreach.
- Conducts editorial outreach and is gaining understanding of the dynamics of media relations.
- Able to develop editorial calendars, and pitch trade and appropriate consumer media.
- Arranges meetings and events, including press conferences, analyst meetings, annual meetings and other special events.
- Coordinate with vendors, help to prepare competitive intelligence charts, develop briefing books
- Develops and proposes storylines and other tactical program elements that further clients' objectives.
- Identify vendors for specific program projects, secure price quotes, help team decision-making.
- Develops and applies understanding of billing and budgeting processes.
- Keeping track of invoices and processing them, and ensuring they are included on preforms in timely manner
- Prepares well documented, thorough activity reports.
- Participates in development of programs and new business pitches, for new and existing clients, as assigned.
- Does new business work in addition to current client work
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Relations or related field,
- Relavent experience within an high paced, public relations environment (internships a must)
- Operates with a high degree of independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice of supervisor and other team members.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe.
- Understands and effectively utilizes both internal and external research capabilities, including use of the Internet and other existing and emerging communications resources.
- Operates with independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice of supervisor and other team members.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top