Assistant Account Executive, Media Influence
Ogilvy Public Relations is currently seeking an assistant account executive to join our Media Influence practice. We are seeking a motivated communications professional with an interest in media relations who will work alongside more senior level employees on a variety of accounts.
- Performs day-to-day account work which may include: drafting a wide range of written materials, coordinating events, maintaining client and media contact
- Acts as a liaison between client, outside suppliers (graphic designers, photographers, A/V houses, etc.) and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (e.g., employees, media, interest groups).
- Interfaces with client and media contacts and others in a professional, positive manner.
- Drafts sound, credible documents such as client memos, news releases, case histories, byliners, backgrounders, op-ed pieces, brochures and collateral materials.
- Can write/own the first draft of a press release, factsheet or similar document
- Can monitor with minimal supervision- this includes daily media monitoring, monitoring at conferences, and around breaking issues
- Can proactively spot errors in media coverage of the brand/client based on their understanding of the product/study outcomes
- Pursues opportunities for enhancing involvement and contributions to the account, team and agency.
- Assists in the implementation and execution of events such as press conferences, media briefings, analyst meetings, media tours third party advocacy, etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Public Relations or related field.
- Internship experience in Public Relations a must; preferably agency experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated basic PowerPoint skills.
- Demonstrates competence at using internal and external research capabilities and in preparing in-depth analyses.
- Exemplifies solid teamwork capabilities
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 80 markets. Named Large Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report and PRNews, Ogilvy PR blends proven PR methodologies with cutting edge digital innovations to craft strategic programs that give clients winning and measurable results. Celebrating its 30th anniversary in business, Ogilvy PR provides strategic public relations counsel to a variety of clients across its social marketing, public affairs, healthcare, consumer marketing, 360-degree digital influence, corporate, and technology practices. Through its subsidiary, Feinstein Kean Healthcare, the agency also offers additional experience in the cancer field, as well as specialized expertise in molecular medicine, advanced biomedical research, leading life science and healthcare technologies and treatments. Ogilvy PR is part of the WPP plc, one of the world’s largest communications services organizations (NASDAQ: WPPGY, www.wpp.com). For more information, visit our Web site at www.ogilvy.com.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top