Assistant Account Executive, Healthcare Public Relations
Ogilvy PR is currently seeking an assistant account executive to join our growing healthcare practice. The ideal candidate will be a high potential entry level hire who will work alongside more senior level employees across a particular practice. In this role, you will learn professional public relations skills while working on a major global pharmaceutical client.
- Actively works to develop a broad understanding of the business by performing a range of well-defined assignments.
- Actively contributes in group and team meetings, as well as in brainstorming, developing and researching client programs.
- Is familiar with the group’s communications plans for accounts and actively seeks to develop an understanding of clients’ business and account objectives.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of company vision, values and structure, including the full range of company products, services and capabilities.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for getting involved and contributing to the account, team and agency.
- Gains knowledge of the full range of resources available throughout the company.
- Monitors and analyzes media coverage and other relevant communications vehicles for clients and prepares reports.
- Develops daily monitoring reports that require minimal editing from supervisors, and are free of typographical and grammatical errors.
- Can spot errors in media coverage of the brand/client based on their understanding of the product/study outcomes
- Drafts news releases, pitch letters, case histories, by-liners, op-eds, etc.
- Able to develop fact sheet/backgrounders, first draft of pitch letter
- Understands how to position different parts of the client’s initiatives to different media audiences
- Develops media lists and other reports (e.g., competitor, legislative or interest group analyses) completely and accurately.
- Proactively looks to source new contacts, new publications and blogs
- Affirmatively works to enhance skills and comfort at conducting media outreach, including networking and developing his/her own media relationships.
- Arranges meetings and events, including press conferences, senior client meetings, and other special events.
- Coordinate with vendors, help to prepare competitive intelligence charts, develop briefing books
- Develops and proposes storylines and other tactical program elements that further clients’ objectives.
- Is learning and applying fundamentals of graphics, production and printing, video and broadcast, IT and emerging media.
- Identify vendors for specific program projects, secure price quotes, help team decision-making.
- Proactively works to increase presentation skills- when speaking to clients and at team meetings
- Develops and applies understanding of billing and budgeting processes.
- Keeping track of invoices and processing them, and ensuring they are included on proformas in timely manner
- Prepares well documented, thorough activity reports.
- Manages time for optimum productivity, understanding appropriate time commitments on projects
- Flags time management issue to supervisors in an appropriate time frame.
- Seeks billable and other assignments when workload is light.
- Meets billability targets established for the assistant account executive position.
- Participates in development of programs and new business pitches, for new and existing clients, as assigned.
- Helps with research including working with InfoServices, internet searches, third-party audits, media audits, identification of KOLs; logistical support, liaison between the new business team and Creative; attend brainstorms; gather and organize information as requested.
- Does new business work in addition to current client work
- Researches and identifies potential new business opportunities as directed.
- Works with supervisor to identify and address training, education and skill-building needs, thereby increasing his/her value to the agency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Communications or a related field
- Internship experience in Public Relations (agency or corporate environment) required
- Interest in healthcare/pharmaceutical product communications work
- Working understanding of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe
- Operates with independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice of supervisor and other team members.
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about client work and seeks more information and knowledge in response.
Ogilvy Public Relations (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 85 offices across six continents. In 2013, for the second consecutive year, Ogilvy was named Cannes Lions Network of the Year and Most Effective Agency Network by the Effie Global Effectiveness Index. Ogilvy was also named Best Digital Consultancy in the World, Most Creative Agency and Best South-East Agency by the Holmes Report. Ogilvy PR integrates deeply with all Ogilvy & Mather disciplines (advertising, direct marketing, activation, promotional, digital and entertainment) through the proprietary Ogilvy Fusion™ approach to delivering comprehensive, business solutions through content creation, community building, and communications with measurable results. Ogilvy PR is a unit of Ogilvy & Mather, a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY), and one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. For more information, visit our website at www.ogilvypr.com or follow us on Twitter at @ogilvypr
Back to top