Assistant Account Executive, Healthcare Public Relations
Ogilvy Public Relations seeks an Assistant Account Executive to join our Healthcare practice. Our ideal candidate must have a strong interest in public relations, with previous working/internship experience within an agency environment. Our Assistant Account executive will work closely with more senior level team members to develop a broad understanding of the business by performing a range of well-defined assignments across writing, editing, media relations, event coordination, pitch development, and message development.
- Actively contributes in group and team meetings, as well as in brainstorming, developing and researching client programs.
- Develops daily monitoring reports that require minimal editing from supervisors, and are free of typographical and grammatical errors.
- Can spot errors in media coverage of the brand/client based on their understanding of the product/study outcome.
- Evaluates and analyzes information and data, including development of succinct, accurate summaries and analyses of research.
- Drafts news releases, pitch letters, case histories, by-liners, op-eds, etc.
- Able to develop fact sheet/backgrounders, first draft of pitch letter Develops media lists and other reports (e.g., competitor, consumer, legislative or interest group analyses) completely and accurately.
- Affirmatively works to enhance skills and comfort at conducting media outreach.
- Conducts editorial outreach and is gaining understanding of the dynamics of media relations.
- Able to develop editorial calendars, and pitch trade and appropriate consumer media.
- Arranges meetings and events, including press conferences, analyst meetings, medical meetings, annual meetings and other special events.
- Coordinate with vendors, help to prepare competitive intelligence charts, develop briefing books
- Develops and proposes storylines and other tactical program elements that further clients' objectives.
- Identify vendors for specific program projects, secure price quotes, help team decision-making.
- Develops and applies understanding of billing and budgeting processes.
- Keeping track of invoices and processing them, and ensuring they are included on proformas in timely manner
- Participates in development of programs and new business pitches, for new and existing clients, as assigned
- Researches and identifies potential new business opportunities as directed.
- Routinely contributes informed opinions and suggestions, as well as creative and effective answers to client issues and needs.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for getting involved and contributing to the account, team and agency.
- Bachelors Degree and internship experience in public relations required. Agency experience and/or demonstrated interest in the Healthcare field preferred.
- Is familiar with, and supports achievement of, the company's vision and exemplifies the company's values.
- Ability to operate with independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice of supervisor and other team members..
- Displays work ethic and values of the firm in day-to-day.
- Takes initiative in setting her/his career path and learning her/his professional strengths and weaknesses.
- A working understanding of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about client work and seeks more information and knowledge in response.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top