Assistant Account Executive, Healthcare Communications
- Cambridge, MA
Ogilvy Public Relations seeks an Assistant Account Executive to join our Healthcare practice. Our ideal candidate must have a strong interest in public relations, with previous working/internship experience within an agency environment. Our Assistant Account executive will work closely with more senior level team members to develop a broad understanding of the business by performing a range of well-defined assignments across writing, editing, media relations, event coordination, pitch development, and message development.
- Actively contributes in group and team meetings, as well as in brainstorming, developing and researching client programs.
- Develops daily monitoring reports that require minimal editing from supervisors, and are free of typographical and grammatical errors.
- Can spot errors in media coverage of the brand/client based on their understanding of the product/study outcome.
- Evaluates and analyzes information and data, including development of succinct, accurate summaries and analyses of research.
- Drafts news releases, pitch letters, case histories, by-liners, op-eds, etc.
- Able to develop fact sheet/backgrounders, first draft of pitch letter Develops media lists and other reports (e.g., competitor, consumer, legislative or interest group analyses) completely and accurately.
- Affirmatively works to enhance skills and comfort at conducting media outreach.
- Conducts editorial outreach and is gaining understanding of the dynamics of media relations.
- Able to develop editorial calendars, and pitch trade and appropriate consumer media.
- Arranges meetings and events, including press conferences, analyst meetings, medical meetings, annual meetings and other special events.
- Coordinate with vendors, help to prepare competitive intelligence charts, develop briefing books
- Develops and proposes storylines and other tactical program elements that further clients’ objectives.
- Identify vendors for specific program projects, secure price quotes, help team decision-making.
- Develops and applies understanding of billing and budgeting processes.
- Keeping track of invoices and processing them, and ensuring they are included on proformas in timely manner
- Participates in development of programs and new business pitches, for new and existing clients, as assigned
- Researches and identifies potential new business opportunities as directed.
- Routinely contributes informed opinions and suggestions, as well as creative and effective answers to client issues and needs.
- Identifies and pursues opportunities for getting involved and contributing to the account, team and agency.
- Internship experience in public relations required. Agency experience and/or demonstrated interest in the Healthcare field preferred.
- Is familiar with, and supports achievement of, the company’s vision and exemplifies the company’s values.
- Ability to operate with independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice of supervisor and other team members..
- Displays work ethic and values of the firm in day-to-day.
- Takes initiative in setting her/his career path and learning her/his professional strengths and weaknesses.
- A working understanding of Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about client work and seeks more information and knowledge in response.
Back to top