Assistant Account Executive
Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking a junior-level communications professional to join Ogilvy as an Assistant Account Executive (AAE) in the Denver office.
As an assistant account executive, you will join a very smart, talented and dynamic group of professionals working on a prestigious list of clients. Our ability to deliver successful campaigns, find creative solutions and exceed client expectations has earned us a reputation as a valued partner and industry leader.
An AAE is the most junior member of the professional account staff who proactively learns PR skills while working on accounts as needed. This is intended as a learning position, as AAEs hold responsibility for specific assignments that typically are components of larger projects. He/she should have basic public relations, writing, media, organizational, research and production skills, be able to handle direct client contact and have the potential to become a good program developer, presenter and counselor.
- Actively works to develop a broad understanding of the business, is gaining knowledge of the full range of resources available throughout the company
- Proactively identifies and pursues opportunities for contributing to the team, group and agency
- Demonstrates knowledge of the group's communications plans for accounts and actively seeks to learn clients' business and account objectives
- Monitors and analyzes media coverage and other relevant communications vehicles, prepares reports
- Develops media lists and other reports as needed, timely and accurately, develops storylines as needed
- Develops an understanding of accurate time management and budget management, including timely and accurate time sheets , expense reports and activity reports
- Gains knowledge of company products/practices; participates in development of new business pitches
Who are we looking for?
- 1-2 years communications experience with emphasis on media relations and social media engagement; prior PR agency experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and interest in technology, sustainability, energy, clean-technology media landscape, and business environment
- Exceptional writing ability with experience developing all forms of communication including strategic plans, op-eds, editorials, news releases, newsletters, and content for online channels
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about client work and seeks more information and knowledge in response
- Ability and confidence to work independently and with remote teams
- Strong strategic and creative thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills BA/BS
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top