Ogilvy Washington is seeking a resourceful and team-focused communications professional to join our Corporate & Public Affairs team as a Account Supervisor. The successful candidate will join a diverse and dynamic team in a robust learning environment, with a stimulating portfolio of accounts. In this role, the team member will be responsible for developing and executing public relations programs for multiple accounts. The Account Supervisor will gain exposure to a variety of industries, issues, and clients, including Fortune 500 corporations, nonprofits, associations, and government agencies.Ogilvy Washington maintains one of the largest and most respected public affairs groups in our nation's capital. Our Corporate & Public Affairs Group specializes in public policy, advocacy, coalition building, grassroots mobilization, issues and crisis management, corporate communications and international relations. We maintain deep expertise in defense, energy, food, health care, international affairs, trade, technology, and telecommunications.
- Perform day-to-day account work with assistance from more junior and senior colleagues.
- Independently manage several small accounts, or major projects for large accounts, serving as account lead and/or primary point of contact with support, supervision as needed.
- Manage client expectations, earning clients' respect, trust and confidence.
- Develop and manage projects/programs, including implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, budgets, and timelines.
- Develop presentations for clients relative to project management and program status.
- Keep team(s) appropriately informed and involved in projects; ensure projects run smoothly, and help team members feel empowered, respected, and educated.
- Identify and secure assistance with emerging account problems
- Articulate and apply agency vision, goals, practice areas, products, and overall capabilities.
- 3+ years communications/PR experience; agency experience a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Public Policy, Communications, or other related field.
- Media relations experience developing and executing media strategies, including media pitching, and analysis.
- Experience writing press releases and developing press kits.
- Demonstrated superior writing skills.
- Excellent client and interpersonal skills; ability to manage independent client relationships and communicate effectively by phone, email, and in-person.
- Well-versed in current events and headline news at local, national, and international levels.
- Exemplary research, organizational, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects as well as prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, media databases and social media networks.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top