- New York, NY
Ogilvy is seeking a mid-level communications professional to join the firm as an Account Supervisor. By joining Ogilvy, you’ll be part of a highly skilled group of communications professionals responsible for managing and assisting integrated marketing communications for public and private sector initiatives.
Our Account Supervisors bring value to our clients by passionately and professionally representing the agency on a day-to-day basis. They are the trusted partner and point of contact for mid-level clients. An Account Supervisor must possess a mastery of all core public relations skills, including writing, editing, media relations, pitch development, and message development, and have experience in developing communications plans, account management and client relationship management. Account Supervisors are efficient operators, who demonstrate strong commercial abilities and business and financial acumen. They act courageously and with conviction and collaborate with/draw on the expertise of all Ogilvy’s capabilities.
Specifically, this role is an exciting opportunity to work on one of Ogilvy’s largest accounts, engaging with a network of risk communications, emergency management, issues management, community outreach, partnership building, and engineering experts to engage a broad array of stakeholders around the issues of natural disaster mitigation and resilient recovery, climate change adaptation, and economic stability to strengthen the arguments for local communities to take actions to protect themselves. Immediate needs exist on a unique program to help increase our nation’s resilience to natural disasters, one community at a time. The project includes a variety of disciplines related to risk communication and stakeholder engagement, including the development and implementation of innovative tools and strategies designed to motivate behavior change.
The person who is in this role will report to the Washington, D.C. Ogilvy office and support a client based in New York City. Thus, it is preferable that the staff member is based in the New York metro area.
- Serve as key account contact with clients, creative teams and other agency partners
- Contribute to strategic counsel and development of communication plans
- Manage partner/vendor relations as it relates to product launches, media, research, events and other program initiatives
- Define client challenges, lead and participate in brainstorming sessions, and evaluate creative ideas from clients and staff
- Manage key aspects of multi-faceted client program, including deployment of technology-based behavior change systems, such as virtual reality
- Develop messaging and draft stakeholder communications
- Develop content and digital influencer collaborations, drafting social posts, helping manage photo / video production, etc.
- Create and execute executive visibility/thought leadership campaigns;
- Manage client objectives, expectations and timelines and communicating changes/directions to internal team members
- Influence the efficiency and quality of work and advocating for the agency/client relationship
- Serve as a mentor/coach to more junior team members and support the development of these team members
- Develop and maintain high levels of team effectiveness (trust, communication, collaboration, productivity, diversity, engagement)
- Government experience required
- 4+ years of related, client facing industry experience managing “the making” or delivery of great work
- Demonstrated knowledge of client and Agency operations and working knowledge of Ogilvy’s capabilities
- Strong background in the strategy and development of PR programs and provide strategic thinking to clients
- Experience using innovative technology media in communications campaigns
- Strong skills in research, analysis and trend identification
- Understand client business and communication goals and the firm’s strategic plans to meet those goals
- Digitally fluent, with an understanding of the complex, fragmented media landscape and how to build solutions to drive results for the client
- Curious, a lifelong learner
- Proven negotiation skills
- Experience forming strong client relationships at the lower-to-mid-levels
- Demonstrated capability to get things done on budget and on time
- Developing commercial abilities, business and financial acumen
- An understanding of the dynamics and workings of the agency’s process as it relates to the client’s business
- Strong internal relationships
- A good listener, someone who reads people and those in a room well (and adapts their style and response accordingly)
- Accountability and calm, confident presence
Back to top