The Account Supervisor position will be part of a global team responsible for developing strategic marketing materials for a global B-to-B company. The work will involve heavy strategic thinking, partnering with key internal and external creative partners to develop traditional and digital marketing materials. This role reports into a Management Supervisor.
The ideal Account Supervisor candidate has mastered the AS core competencies with about 5 years of advertising/marketing experience.
- Drive multi-channel program and campaign development, working with multi-disciplinary teams that are on-site or in the WPP network.
- Be the day-to-day contact for Manager, Director and Senior level clients.
- Author core client communications such as contact reports, Scope of Work documents including timelines, budgets and descriptions of deliverables.
- Coordinate team meetings and client presentations.
- Have a strong strategic background and possess an ability to think critically.
- Facilitate the development of project briefs, working with strategic planners and analysts .
- Be the organizational center of projects – manage projects, problem solve, and lead flawless execution even when the path to executing deliverables is ambiguous and you are receiving input and direction from multiple stakeholders.
- Track project budgets and scopes, assessing estimates to actuals, managing Change Order process as needed.
- Will quickly gain pervasive knowledge of client and Agency operations and working knowledge of Agency matrix
- Develops in-depth business research and comprehensive competitive advertising/marketing analyses
- Lead interface with clients, creative teams, production, and partner agency teams
- Monitors on strategy, on-time/on-budget project performance, and escalates as necessary
- Ability to understand and manage details of a campaign in the context of a larger business/strategic picture
- Builds the client's business through recommending, fostering, creating, and delivering fully integrated communications
- Challenges direction, or the status quo, and seeks alternate perspectives and approaches in developing effective advertising strategies
- Participates in focus groups, strategy development, and competitive assessment'
- Encourages client consideration and application of agency-generated POVs when developing ideas and advertising plans
- Works integrally with other Agency departments to develop effective strategies, briefings and creative and strategic work
- Collaborates with other depts. (analytics, marketing strategy, digital strategy, etc) to create marketing communications plans.
- Authors creative briefs in partnership with clients and creative teams
- Participates in the presentation and selling through of strategic and creative thinking and ideas
- Evaluates the input and ideas of creative, media and strategic planning relative to strategy and client preferences
- Accountable for management of all finances, project budgets, including fees and OOP expenses
- Advocates for the business internally, and keeps the agency team informed, focused, and enthused about the work and the business
- Manage junior level team members on day-to-day responsibilities and chart career growth plan with them
- Five years of advertising/marketing experience
- Strategic mindset and go-getter
- Exceptional listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in working on a global B-to-B account
- A self-starter that works independently
- Solid project management capabilities
- Proven relationship-building skills
- Natural curiosity and interest in applying real world experiences and knowledge to client work
- Quick to absorb and analyze large amounts of information
- Comfortable with change and fast paced environment
- Enthusiastic, energetic and imaginative
- Approachable, outgoing and diplomatic
- Able to present ideas with conviction
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and flexible
- Needs to be comfortable with ambiguity at times (both with clients and internally), be able to demonstrate flexibility and creative problem solving
- Needs to be a team player, friendly, easy to work with. They need to be able to handle many different personalities both internally and externally
- Skilled at negotiating and motivating others
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top