The Account Manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration of accounts (work flow, control, meetings, minutes, estimates, records, checking, etc) under the leadership of the Account Director and delights clients with the accuracy and timeliness of work.
Our Account Manager involves managing multiple accounts/project, working autonomously, and developing strong relationships with their clients.
- Building strong working relationships with all departments within the agency
- Managing client projects within the agency by ensuring all departments understand the broader client objectives and where each project sits within them
- Ensure that all projects assigned to you and your day to day team are delivered on time and on budget
- Write cohesive and single-minded creative briefs
- Demonstrate an appreciation for effective creative work, support your opinion with relevant insight
- Produce Marketing plans and presentations for approval by Account Director or Business Director
- Manage, motivate and support the extended team at each delivery stage
- Share an understanding of the Agency, it’s principle, structure and corporate plan
- Establish a full understanding of the Client’s company-structure and key personalities
- Develop a strong relationship with individual clients at your requisite level
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor to your clients at the relevant level
- Have an awareness of project status across all major projects
- Ensure your team takes responsibility for concise and accurate contact reports of meetings where actions are agreed
- Be a confident and effective presenter of ideas and plans
- Constantly assess any opportunities and threats to Clients business, exploring opportunities for
- Act as an ambassador for the Agency at all timesParticipate in new business/business development activities.
- 3 – 5 years of experience of working within a digital, product or creative agency, including 2 – 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Taking responsibility for client relationships
- Focusing on campaign work combining emails, online advertising (including media booking and ad serving), google adwords and collateral development.
- Possessing a good analytical mind who can create monthly reports, analyse the results and feel confident explaining and justifying trends.
- Planning and implementing media placements and feel confident negotiating with global media partners. Possessing experience with email marketing and data segmentation.
- Being highly organized, able to drive projects and have good attention to detail.
- Technical experience in digital banners (understand process) is desirable
- Digitally fluent, with an understanding of the complex, fragmented media landscape
- An appreciation for how great work gets done and a commitment to ensuring creative excellence/output
- Strong communication skills, particularly with oral presentations
See Inside the Office of Ogilvy
Ogilvy is one of the largest marketing communications networks in the world. Founded by David Ogilvy in 1948, Ogilvy’s commitment to innovation has made it a global leader in brand advertising. It’s used its marketing know-how to build some of the most recognizable brands in the business, including clients like Sears, American Express, and IBM—all while maintaining its strict standard of creative excellence.
Back to top