Account Manager CME
- Montreal, Canada
Culture @ Ogilvy Health
- One of Canada’s best Pharmaceutical Advertising Agencies, experiencing growth and willing to transform health communication in Canada
- Be part of growing team of young, yet seasoned professionals and opportunity to grow and learn.
- Participate in sophisticated and groundbreaking professional, medical and patient campaigns.
- Work with Tier 1 Pharma Clients in Canada and on a global scale.
- Excellent work environment
- Downtown location in old Montreal (215 St-Jacques, suite 333) – currently all remote until at least Jan 2021
- Flexible environment to work remotely, with some presence for team building/connection
The Account Manager (AM) is the main day-to-day lead for project management, responsible for following the process from project initiation to delivery. Account Managers must be proactive in running initiatives while still being a team player and supporting the account team with delivering on client expectations. Typically, AMs will manage on average 10 projects at a time, depending on their scope.
Account Managers are intermediate-level positions to learn & grow and organized individuals capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing will thrive in this role. This particular role is a hybrid role between Canadian Medical Communications projects and Global marketing engagements which have a mix of Educational, Medical and Promotional projects destined to markets outside Canada.
The Opportunity for an AM in our Team:
A remarkable opportunity for an energetic, and ambitious person to learn from a team while playing a central role in ensuring client deliverables. The ideal AM is someone with strong project management aptitude, and a good attention to detail that can be independent in running initiatives while being a team playing in delivery on our client expectations.
This position is key for someone who wants to grow within the company, and we are looking for someone who will demonstrate ownership and be willing to learn and develop.
Next Level Opportunity passed this role:
Account Managers who understand the business challenges and demonstrate strategic and management potential can become Account Supervisors.
- Lead project flows from A-Z with support for Account Director and Strategic Planner when needed
- Be the clients’ reference on project and know where projects are at all times;
- Ensure delivery of high quality communication products, on time and on budget, while managing and ensuring quality of our services to Clients (attention to detail, updated status and budget reports, organized communication, responsiveness)
- Manage priorities and liaise with medical and creative teams to deliver on ongoing projects.
- Managing ongoing projects related to the brands assigned to you (from opening jobs to writing project briefs, validating information with clients, building project proposals, investigating background on brand and category, building timelines, estimates, updating Agency and client status reports, proofreading tools, liaising with clients, uploading and following up on client internal & external approval processes, managing print and digital production as it relates to your projects.
- Coordinating efforts of the projects between creative, studio, clients, programmers etc. and managing/adjusting priorities in partnership with the Account Supervisor or Account Director
- Supporting Account Supervisor and Account Director in managing day-to-day on accounts and ensuring a positive relationship with clients and preparing proposals for new business or new ideas (presentation building skills)
- Ensuring financial follow-up and billing requests internally (including budgets recaps and flag overages to Clients in a timely fashion)
- Preparing shipments for clinic deliveries for special programs
- Outstanding project management, organization and prioritization abilities
- Working knowledge of CME initiative formats and process
- Self-motivator, willingness to stay up to date in a fast-pace environment, engagement and persistence
- Experience in building estimates and managing project profitability, financial management abilities
- Interest in science & health, a learning attitude
- Meticulous. Attention to detail a must. A service attitude.
- Able to work independently and to take ownership while being a team player and mindful of others (partnership attitude)
- Enjoy listening, learning and adding value.
- Applies the Company’s ideals to all decision-making business approaches.
Pharmaceutical Marketing/Advertising/Communications Experience:
- (AM) A minimum of 3 years of pharmaceutical agency experience or relevant project management experience
- Science or Marketing degree & French are important assets
Ogilvy Canada employees are encouraged to bring their ideas, experiences and perspectives, gleaned from their varied backgrounds, to the workplace. We strive to create an environment in which all employees can feel comfortable to contribute to their fullest potential without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Back to top