A day in the life of...
A day in the life managing this fast-paced account means being at the very hub of the team, and touching every discipline and piece of work that goes out across every channel. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, production-savvy Account manager to gain a vast amount of 360 experience producing integrated work for an iconic brand with a huge footprint. From helping planners to deliver an inspirational brief to the creative teams, to making sure the timings and resources are available for them to deliver that brief like clockwork, to working with your account director to present ideas and co-ordinate feedback; and then see that the approved idea is realised effectively - you will shepherd work through the whole agency process. You will already be a 'safe pair of hands' with a solid understanding of how to navigate the agency environment in order to make things happen like clockwork, on time and on budget, and will be looking to grow your experience across traditional advertising, social and digital, as well as developing your understanding of brand strategy.
We rely on you to...
We rely on you to be the hub that keeps all the other parts of the agency moving, going upstream to help contribute to strategy, and rolling your sleeves up to ensure delivery. Specifically, we will look to you to:
- Manage the smooth day to day running of the account and the effective management of all Client projects.
- Support the AD and make things happen on time and on brief.
- Know the production process of ATL and digital outputs, from client brief through to studio adapts.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills: anticipate issues and seek relevant intervention to get them resolved, proactively helping to traffic work and manage the team to this end.
- Ensure smooth and real-time flow of communication between all people working on a project.
- Manage admin on a project (day-to-day financial monitoring, PO's, estimates…)
- Develop positive, proactive relationships with Client and Agency team creating a stimulating environment within which the best work can develop.
Contribution towards Insights:
- Develop a thorough understanding of our client's market, category and competition; ensure smooth communication of all relevant knowledge.
- Support planners in developing ideas and stimulus for research.
- Actively contribute to discussions on strategy and advertising development.
Contribution towards Ideas:
- Work with the Account Director and Planner to develop inspirational briefings for Creatives.
- Keep Clients involved in the development process to build their confidence and enable them to buy braver ideas.
- Be a sound judge of creative work, able to coherently argue the case for or against creative work based on the brief and factual accuracy, both internally and with the Client
Contribution towards Implementation:
- Have a thorough working knowledge of all Agency systems and production processes as well as Client processes. Ensure that work progresses through the system to meet deadlines and knows the job status on a day-to-day basis.
- Ability to judge priorities across several pieces of business and varied levels of activity.
- Ensure all members of the team are regularly appraised of the status of all ongoing projects to ensure all disciplines work together to get the work out on time and on budget.
- To motivate other members of the project team during difficult times, absorbing their anxieties and keep the project moving forward.
- Have a good eye for detail, ensuring the quality and accuracy of all materials that leave the Agency.
- Act as the communication channel between the Agency and Clients, media agency and other communication partners to ensure a smooth integration of all elements within the mix.
You are great at...
You will have come from a large ATL agency and have worked for blue-chip clients across multiple above the line channels. You will have an understanding of building brands and a desire to build strong relationships and deliver the whole through the line package.
You get a kick out of building relationships with project teams and are client facing. You're an enthusiastic listener, who offers their own ideas at every opportunity.
You'll share the following Personal Attributes:
- A team player that is flexible, committed and keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability.
- Calm and patient under pressure.
- Thrives in a changing, dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent attention to detail.
- Assertive and proactive.
- Presents him/herself in a polished, professional way.
- Able to see the big picture while paying attention to the smallest end details.
- Anticipates and manages risk.
- Has a "will not fail" attitude.
- Very high degree of personal motivation and professionalism.
- Has a positive mental attitude and able to get along with different personalities.
- "Makes it fun". Sense of humour essential.
To complement the team dynamic:
- Previous experience working on another large, fast-paced ATL account is essential.
- It would be great if you were willing to put your hand up to help other team members as we are a large and busy team. There will be opportunities to learn everywhere for those willing to get involved.
- Finally, it would be great if you could be the person who occasionally goes the extra mile to raise team morale - whether that's getting the coffees in when the team are working hard on a presentation, or organising the team night out to celebrate after the presentation goes brilliantly!
To succeed in the role:
- You will need to bring energy, commitment and a desire to learn in an industry more varied and multi-faceted than ever. We are looking for people who are passionate about making great work and bringing organizational flair to the team.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top