Account Executive, Research Group
Ogilvy Public Relations, a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 70 markets, is looking to retain an Account Executive of Primary Research. This role will report to the Research Director, as well as the SVP/Head of the Research Group.
The Account Executive will focus mainly on primary research (qualitative and quantitative), but will also work closely with a cross-functional research team that works on secondary research and traditional/social media evaluation.
Specifically, qualified candidates will have experience in the following:
- Primary Research: Counseling on the best use of quantitative and qualitative research: Managing quantitative and qualitative research projects: designing instruments, selecting external research vendors, managing vendors, developing analytic plans, interpreting results, developing visually compelling presentations and making strategic recommendations based on study implications. Developing and presenting compelling research findings internally and externally.
In addition, experience across secondary, social and traditional media is preferred:
- Secondary Research: Searching secondary research tools such as Mintel, Iconoculture, eMarketer, Euromonitor, etc. to identify industry trends, consumer perceptions and market opportunities. Analyzing and synthesizing findings in a thoughtful and compelling manner.
- Social Media: Conducting social listening audits, competitive positioning research, digital landscape analyses, owned social footprint and engagement analyses, influencer identification, profiling and engagement analyses, and campaign effectiveness. Familiarity and applied experience with social media platforms and analytic tools such as Netbase, Traackr, Unmetric, Compete, comScore, Google Analytics, etc.
- Traditional Media: Conducting media audits as well as monitoring and evaluation. Engaging and managing vendors to outsource larger scale media evaluation initiatives. Familiarity and applied experience with traditional media platforms and analytic tools such as Factiva, Nexis, Bloomberg, TVEyes, Muck Rack, etc.
- A Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a relevant subject (e.g., social sciences, marketing)
- The candidate should have at least 2 years of experience in applied research (quant/qual)
- Experience in research specifically to support Public Relations or communications functions is desirable.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented, organized, thorough and respect for quality control
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong PowerPoint skills
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the top ten marketing communications firms worldwide and the leading global network in one to one marketing. Today, Ogilvy employs over 15,000 people in 450 offices around the world. We are a member of the WPP family of companies. Our tradition of providing training and career development to our talent began with founder – David Ogilvy – and continues today over 60 years later. The strength of our reputation however, continues to lie in the collective skills and talents of the individuals we hire.
Back to top