Account Executive, Media Influence
Ogilvy PR is currently looking for an Account Executive to join our Media Influence team. Our new account executive should be a capable communications and public relations professional able to handle a broad variety of tasks with increasing independence and sound judgment. We are seeking a PR professional who has the ability and experience to play a primary implementation role in client work. He/she must have basic public relations, writing, media, organizational, research and production skills, be able to handle direct client contact and have the potential to become a good program developer, presenter and counselor.
- Performs day-to-day account work which may include: drafting a wide range of written materials, coordinating events, maintaining client and media contact, managing projects performed with and by others and supervising more junior staff.
- Is fully familiar with group's communications plans for accounts and understands and tracks clients' businesses.
- Has developed a basic understanding of the brand/therapeutic category, including the science and trial data associated with the brand and its competitors
- Acts as a liaison between client, outside suppliers (graphic designers, photographers, A/V houses, etc.) and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (e.g., employees, media, interest groups).
- Interfaces with client contacts and others in a professional, positive and appropriate manner.
- Is gaining knowledge of the full range of resources, available throughout the company.
- Is generally familiar with work of other account teams, other offices and operating units.
- Pursues opportunities for enhancing involvement and contributions to the account, team and agency.
- 2-3 years agency public relations/media relations experience.
- Drafts sound, credible documents such as client memos, news releases, case histories, byliners, backgrounders, op-ed pieces, brochures and collateral materials.
- Can write/own the first draft of a press release, factsheet or similar document
- Knows how to accurately reference documents as per the client requirements
- Can monitor with minimal supervision- this includes daily monitoring, monitoring at conferences, and around breaking issues
- Can spot errors in media coverage of the brand/client based on their understanding of the product/study outcomes
- Can write/own first draft of a media results deck/document
- Has demonstrated basic PowerPoint skills by writing first draft of a deck
- Implements events such as press conferences, media briefings, analyst meetings, media tours third party advocacy, etc.
- Has been involved in preparing for at least one such event
- Demonstrates competence at using internal and external research capabilities and in preparing in-depth analyses.
- Has sound working knowledge of graphics, production and printing, video and broadcast, IT and emerging media.
- Is building presentation skills.
- Contributes during team meetings and has a point of view based on his/her understanding of the program, the brand and its competitors
- Proactively works to increase presentation skills- when speaking to clients and at team meetings
- Contributes to presentations using internal or external resources.
- Balances work load and tasks, communicating effectively with team members to reliably implement assignments on budget and on deadline.
- Exemplifies solid teamwork capabilities while beginning to build supervisory skills.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top