Account Executive, Healthcare
Ogilvy Public Relations is currently seeking an account executive to join our growing Healthcare practice. We are searching for a PR professional with the ability and experience to play a primary implementation role in client work and must have basic public relations, writing, media, organizational, research and production skills. 1-3 years experience in Healthcare public relations required.
- Performs day-to-day account work which may include: drafting a wide range of written materials, coordinating events, maintaining client and media contact, managing projects performed with and by others and supervising more junior staff.
- Is fully familiar with group’s communications plans for accounts and understands and tracks clients’ businesses.
- Has developed a basic understanding of the brand/therapeutic category, including the science and trial data associated with the brand and its competitors.
- Drafts sound, credible documents such as client memos, news releases, case histories, byliners, backgrounders, op-ed pieces, brochures and collateral materials.
- Executes media and advocacy relations activities and has working knowledge of media, advocates and their needs.
- Acts as a liaison between client, outside suppliers (graphic designers, photographers, A/V houses, etc.) and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (e.g., employees, media, interest groups).
- Implements events such as press conferences, media briefings, analyst meetings, media tours third party advocacy, etc.
- Interfaces with client contacts and others in a professional, positive and appropriate manner.
- Contributes during team meetings and has a point of view based on his/her understanding of the program, the brand and its competitors
- Pursues opportunities for enhancing involvement and contributions to the account, team and agency.
- Routinely applies understanding of budget development and budget monitoring.
- Contributes to the development and presentation of new business programs for potential and existing clients.
- 1-3 years experience in Healthcare public relations required.
- Can monitor with minimal supervision – daily monitoring, monitoring at conferences, and around breaking issues
- Can spot errors in media coverage of the brand/client based on their understanding of the product/study outcomes
- Can write/own first draft of a media results deck/document
- Has sound working knowledge of graphics, production and printing, video and broadcast, IT and emerging media.
- Balances work load and tasks, communicating effectively with team members to reliably implement assignments on budget and on deadline.
- Exemplifies solid teamwork capabilities while beginning to build supervisory skills.
- Begins to build and apply specialized expertise in particular subject or functional areas
- Can write or call-in a pitch with minimal supervision
- Operates with a high degree of independence, but knows when to rely on own judgment and when to seek advice of supervisor and other team members.
Ogilvy Public Relations (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 85 offices across six continents. In 2013, for the second consecutive year, Ogilvy was named Cannes Lions Network of the Year and Most Effective Agency Network by the Effie Global Effectiveness Index. Ogilvy was also named Best Digital Consultancy in the World, Most Creative Agency and Best South-East Agency by the Holmes Report. Ogilvy PR integrates deeply with all Ogilvy & Mather disciplines (advertising, direct marketing, activation, promotional, digital and entertainment) through the proprietary Ogilvy Fusion™ approach to delivering comprehensive, business solutions through content creation, community building, and communications with measurable results. Ogilvy PR is a unit of Ogilvy & Mather, a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY), and one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. For more information, visit our website at www.ogilvypr.com or follow us on Twitter at @ogilvypr.
Back to top