Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking an experienced communication professional to join our Technology practice as an Account Executive (AE) in San Francisco.
As an Account Executive, you will join a very smart, talented and dynamic group of professionals working with clients ranging from startups seeking counsel on how to build brand awareness, to established organizations seeking refreshed relevance in our tech/innovation dominated world. An Account Executive should be a capable communication and public relations professional able to handle a broad variety of tasks with increasing independence and sound judgment. An Account Executive has the ability and experience to play a primary implementation role in client work. He/she must have basic public relations, writing, media, organizational, research and production skills be able to handle direct client contact and have the potential to become a good program developer, presenter and counselor.
- Performs day-to-day account work which may include: drafting a wide range of written materials, coordinating events, maintaining client and media contact, managing projects performed with and by others and supervising assistant account executives and interns.
- Is fully familiar with group’s communications plans for accounts and understands and tracks clients’ businesses.
- Acts as a liaison between client, outside suppliers (graphic designers, photographers, A/V houses, etc.) and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences (e.g., employees, media, interest groups).
- Pursues opportunities for enhancing involvement and contributions to the account, team and agency.
- Drafts sound, credible documents such as client memos, news releases, case histories, byliners, backgrounders, op-ed pieces, brochures and collateral materials.
- Implements events such as press conferences, media briefings, analyst meetings, media tours third party advocacy, etc.
- Demonstrates competence at using internal and external research capabilities and in preparing in-depth analyses.
- Routinely applies understanding of budget development and budget monitoring.
- Understands and manages billing and activity reporting processes.
- Manages time for optimum productivity and maximum billability.
- Contributes to the development and presentation of new business programs for potential and existing clients.
- Supports opportunities to grow existing accounts or to pursue new business.
- 2-3 years of communications experience with emphasis on media relations and social media engagement; prior PR agency experience strongly preferred, particularly experience working with tourism-related brands
- Demonstrated hands-on experience and proven success in media relations
- Exceptional writing ability with experience developing all forms of communication including strategic plans, op-eds, editorials, news releases, newsletters, and content for online channels
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Ability to manage dynamic situations and manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve
- Exhibits a sense of curiosity about client work and seeks more information and knowledge in response
- Strong strategic and creative thinking
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and interest in broad technology topics, especially business-to-business technology and its implications for business and government. Think artificial intelligence, big data and cloud computing to get a sense of what we mean by B2B tech. Consumer electronics background is a plus, but B2B will win the day.
Back to top