Account Executive, Consumer
Ogilvy Public Relations seeks an Account Executive to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to work across consumer clients and fashion accounts. This specific role will be working with one of our largest consumer accounts and a luxury eyewear brand. Our account executive should be a capable communications and public relations professional able to handle a broad variety of tasks with increasing independence and sound judgment. An account executive has the ability and experience to play a primary implementation role in client work. He/she must have basic public relations, writing, media, organizational, research and production skills, be able to handle direct client contact and have the potential to become a good program developer, presenter and counselor.
- Drafts sound, credible documents such as client memos, news releases, case histories, byliners, backgrounders, op-ed pieces, brochures and collateral materials.
- Can write/own the first draft of a press release, factsheet or similar documents.
- Understands the consumer, lifestyle and fashion media landscape and is able to develop phone and email pitches to secure coverage; proactively looking for media opportunities on behalf of clients.
- Knows how to accurately reference documents as per the client requirements.
- Can monitor with minimal supervision- this includes daily monitoring, monitoring at conferences, and around breaking issues.
- Can spot errors in media coverage of the brand/client based on their understanding of the product/study outcomes.
- Can write/own first draft of a media results deck/document.
- Has demonstrated basic PowerPoint skills by writing first draft of a deck.
- Implements events such as press conferences, media briefings, analyst meetings, media tours third party advocacy, etc. Has been involved in preparing for at least one such event.
- Demonstrates competence at using internal and external research capabilities and in preparing in-depth analyses.
- Can research a topic and summarize the results and provide a point of view based on the research.
- Contributes during team meetings and has a point of view based on his/her understanding of the program, the brand and its competitors.
- Proactively works to increase presentation skills- when speaking to clients and at team meetings.
- Begins to build and apply specialized expertise in particular subject or functional areas.
- Executes media and advocacy relations activities and has working knowledge of media, advocates and their needs.
- Understands and manages billing and activity reporting processes.
- Contributes to the development and presentation of new business programs for potential and existing clients.
- Will participate in at least two new business pitches annually.
- 1+ years of public relations experience agency in an agency setting.
- Has sound working knowledge of graphics, production and printing, video and broadcast, IT and emerging media.
- Is familiar with, and supports achievement of, the company's vision and exemplifies the company's values.
- Displays work ethic and values of the firm in day-to-day.
- Balances work load and tasks, communicating effectively with team members to reliably implement assignments on budget and on deadline.
- Exemplifies solid teamwork capabilities while beginning to build supervisory skills.
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 80 markets. Named Large Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report and PRNews, Ogilvy PR blends proven PR methodologies with cutting edge digital innovations to craft strategic programs that give clients winning and measurable results. Celebrating its 30th anniversary in business, Ogilvy PR provides strategic public relations counsel to a variety of clients across its social marketing, public affairs, healthcare, consumer marketing, 360-degree digital influence, corporate, and technology practices. Through its subsidiary, Feinstein Kean Healthcare, the agency also offers additional experience in the cancer field, as well as specialized expertise in molecular medicine, advanced biomedical research, leading life science and healthcare technologies and treatments. Ogilvy PR is part of the WPP plc, one of the world's largest communications services organizations (NASDAQ: WPPGY, www.wpp.com). For more information, visit our Web site at www.ogilvy.com.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top