Ogilvy & Mather
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the largest marketing communications companies in the world. Through its specialty units, the company provides a comprehensive range of marketing services including: advertising; public relations and public affairs; branding and identity; shopper and retail marketing; healthcare communications; direct, digital, promotion and relationship marketing. Ogilvy & Mather services Fortune Global 500 companies as well as local businesses through its network of more than 450 offices in 120 countries. It is a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, visit us at http://www.ogilvy.com.
The Account Executive exhibits the potential skills of the account management discipline. Understands the agency portfolio of offerings and how to apply them to solve client business problems. Partners and owns the relationship with clients at the most junior levels. Is an agency driver that works to keep the agency operations moving along.
- Drives major account activity to completion, with oversight.
- Builds expertise on a brand’s competitive landscape and product differentiators.
- Understands appropriate research techniques for strategy, creative, and media needs.
- Capable of writing simple creative briefs and POV’s with supervision.
- Oversees plan development, execution, and follow-up (contributes, where appropriate.)
- Collaborates with Strategic Planning to develop/execute research initiative.
- Coordinates development of client marketing strategy.
- Establishes core relationships with junior clients.
- Knows when and how to escalate potential problems.
- Evaluates creative work and provides feedback for revisions, as needed.
- Able to adequately represent client interests to team.
- Collaborates with specialists at appropriate times to ensure consensus around scoping, project approach, etc.
- Ability to write accurate simple scopes by engaging appropriate discipline leads and asking detailed questions of clients to gain clarity around deliverables and needs (excels in project definition.)
- Documents rigorous scope tracking, and scope creep identification.
- Effectively and proactively communicates to client issues that can result in a scope change.
- Issues change orders, with oversight.
- Monitors critical project hand-offs.
- Initiates, presents, and drives to completion value-added projects (participation dependent on level of complexity.)
- Understands the implications of business strategy on project decisions.
- Responsible for weekly/monthly project status reports.
- Sets up meetings, includes the correct people, and provides accurate agendas and precise, actionable meeting notes.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
- 2 – 5 years related experience required with established track record including experience working autonomously.
- Experience presenting information both orally and in writing.
- Solid business writing skills.
- Working knowledge of media basics.
- MS Project, PowerPoint, and Excel skills
Back to top