The Account Executive exhibits the potential skills of the account management discipline. Understands the agency portfolio of offerings and how to apply them to solve client business problems. Partners and owns the relationship with clients at the most Jr. levels. Is an Agency Driver that works to keep the agency operations moving along. Integrated background necessary – must have digital production experience. Global account experience preferred.
- Builds expertise on a brand's competitive landscape and product differentiators
- Understands appropriate research techniques for strategy, creative, and media needs
- Collaborates with Strategic Planning to develop briefs
- Participates in /has exposure to development of client marketing strategy
- Establishes core relationships with junior clients
- Knows when to escalate potential problems
- Acts as key collaborator with Consulting groups
- Develops key creative relationships
- Evaluates creative work and provides feedback for revisions, as needed
- Able to adequately represent client interests to team
- Collaborates with specialists at appropriate times to ensure consensus around scoping, project approach, etc.
- Ability to write accurate simple scopes by engaging appropriate discipline leads and asking detailed questions of clients to gain clarity around deliverables and needs (excels in project definition)
- Documented, rigorous scope tracking and scope creep identification. Manages finances.
- Effectively and proactively communicates to client issues that can result in a scope change
- Issues change orders, with oversight
- Monitors critical project hand-offs
- Initiates, presents, and drives to completion value-added projects (participation dependent on level of complexity)
- Understands the implications of business strategy on project decisions
- Responsible for weekly/monthly project status reports
- Sets up meetings, includes the correct people, and provides accurate agendas and precise, actionable meeting notes
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Two to five years related experience required with established track record including experience working autonomously
- Experience presenting information both orally and in writing
- Solid business writing skills
- Working knowledge of media basics
- MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top