Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking a high performing and hard-working Account Director/Strategist, who will report directly to Jennifer Risi, Global Chief Communications Officer and Managing Director, Ogilvy Media Influence. This role is extremely diverse. The role will be client facing and will also be involved in supporting news business on both the strategy and content side. This role will also be internally facing as well. This will be a highly visible position requiring superb communication and writing skills, with a focus on content strategy and execution across corporate reputation, executive visibility and media influence. She/he will work with Stuart Smith, Global CEO as the primary content producer for his brand platform. She/he will be an emerging company leader, effectively demonstrating professional knowledge and confidence at both the strategic and tactical level.
- Solid and effective writer for client work and internal priorities
- Strong/confident client advisor and good account manager
- Focus on crafting positioning and content for new business opportunities
- Serves as strategist to Head of Media Relations and content producer for our global CEO
- Develops presentation materials for client meetings and company/industry events as needed
- Efficiently and effectively draft plans and manage client events (e.g., press conferences, media tours, briefings, etc.)
- Develops accurate project timelines and monitors them effectively, partnering across the agency at all levels.
- Assist with client deliverables for Ogilvy Public Relations' Media Influence team
- 6+ years of similar experience in a fast-paced communications setting, agency and/or in-house experience welcome
- Bachelors Degree in Public Relations or similar field
- Must have superior writing and content development skills
- Is a skilled editor capable of directing the written materials of others
- Established relationships with print and broadcast journalists preferred
- Has full understanding of public relations and a demonstrated ability to achieve public relations objectives
- Understands business trends for industry segment/products
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide is a leading global marketing communications firm, with offices in more than 60 cities around the world. In its 30th year, Ogilvy PR provides strategic public relations counsel to a variety of clients across its consumer marketing, corporate, healthcare, technology, public affairs, social marketing and entertainment practices. The agency also offers biotechnology and government affairs expertise through its subsidiaries Feinstein Kean Healthcare and Ogilvy Government Relations, respectively. Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide is part of the WPP Group, one of the world's largest communications services organizations (NASDAQ: WPPGY, www.wpp.com). For more information, visit our Web site at www.ogilvypr.com Please be sure to include a resume, cover letter and your current salary information. We will only respond to those candidates whose resumes fit the qualifications described above and whom we have an interest in interviewing. No phone calls please. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top