Account Director with PR experience
OGILVY PR MANILA
Role – ACCOUNT DIRECTOR should be an experienced communications professional, capable of independently managing multiple accounts, projects and clients for specific industries/practice areas. She/he has strong client relationships and is considered a company leader.
Concept – An account director has demonstrated high-level professional knowledge and skills, successfully managing multiple accounts and projects in specific industries/practice areas, with a high degree of success and with little top cover from her/his Group Account Director. She/he has proven project management and consultancy, budgeting, counseling, people management and business development skills, with increasing emphasis in building business and people. She/he takes responsibility for the accounts/projects she/he leads, ensuring strong client relationships and excellent client service, applying the office’s best resources, and effectively managing people involved in servicing the account. She/he has the confidence and support of her/his staff, and is able to lead them to achieve their best performance. As a company leader, she/he demonstrates the ability to help deliver on the company’s vision and growth projections.
- Manages client expectations and ensures that these are met.
- Develops and manages projects/programs, including conceptualization and planning, staffing and evaluation, budgets and timelines.
- In managing the account team, ensures that work is delegated to the appropriate experience levels within the team structure.
- Is the client contact for the full account and ensures that agency points of contact grow over time.
- Is the key resource for client consultancy and strategic communications.
- Manages client presentations for project management/program status.
- Ensures that account team(s) are appropriately informed and involved in projects.
- Anticipates and leads in the resolutions of emerging account problems.
- Ensures that team can articulate and apply agency vision, goals, practice areas and capabilities.
- Has deep and diverse account experience that confidently supports public relations counsel.
- Has deep understanding of public relations and a track record of achieving public relations objectives.
- Understands business trends for industry segments/products.
- Responsible for overall development of program based on team input.
- Directs development of range of materials developed by account team including press releases, speeches, articles, and brochures.
- Develops and guides media relations strategy.
- Has established relationship with senior members of print and broadcast media, industry and consumer groups, and influencers.
- Efficiently and effectively plans and manages large-scale events
- Applies specialized expertise to client work.
- Has strong presentation skills and demonstrated ability to play a leadership role in a wide range of presentation settings.
- Helps team apply knowledge of the creative process, print and video production, as well as emerging media
- Anticipates and develops solutions to client needs and problems.
- Provides strong leadership in building effective, productive account teams.
- Develops accurate project budgets and ensures effective monitoring.
- Drives team in timely development and distribution of bills and activity reports, collections, and other financial and administrative details.
- Contributes to forecasting/projections by the senior managers
- Meets billability targets established for the Account Director position.
- Participates with senior managers in hiring, assessment and career development activities for her/his team.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of direct reports, providing day-to-day guidance on job performance and career development
- Manages timely performance appraisals for direct reports
- Manages staff to maximize productivity and individual/team and financial performance.
- Provides leadership in growing existing accounts.
- Works with Group Account Director in identifying and pursuing opportunities for developing new business within and across company offices and practice areas.
- Provides leadership in developing and presenting new business programs for potential and existing clients.
- Ensures that team contributes quality ideas and recommendations for new/expanded programs and proposals.
- Delivers strong analyses, strategy and concepts to new program development.
- Presents and discusses company credentials and capabilities, based on knowledge of cases, products and services and ensured team understanding of this area
Initiative and General Management
- Helps drive achievement of the company’s vision and exemplifies the company’s values in day-to-day behavior..
- Routinely contributes to agency growth and performance as project, team, group and agency leader.
- Manages people in effective, productive manner that also develops their skills and loyalty to the firm.
- Delegates effectively.
- Routinely develops and implements solutions when problems arise.
- Assists peers in problem solving, and leverages talents of colleagues in own problem solving.
- Routinely seeks and shares information with colleagues.
- Directs and facilitates others’ contributions to team, staff and client meetings.
- Works with senior managers to identify and address supervisory training, leadership and career development needs.
- Continually seeks new ways to learn and improve and contribute.
Back to top