Account Director, Social Change
Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking a well-rounded, self-starting public relations professional to join our Washington, D.C. office as an Account Director within our award-winning Social Change practice.
As a member of the Social Change group, you will work with a team of public relations professionals responsible for integrated marketing communications for high-profile public affairs initiatives on behalf of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This opportunity will expose you to a variety of disciplines to raise awareness of different health and medical issues, and facilitate action among consumers and healthcare providers. Potential topics include women’s heart health and neurological disorders. Each initiative employs a mix of outreach tactics, including traditional and social media relations, materials development and dissemination, partnership development, event planning and execution, and paid and public service advertising.
This position offers an opportunity to use and develop partnership, writing, and planning skills while working on large multi-faceted government accounts. You will be responsible for your assigned projects and accounts, while contributing as a team member within a highly collaborative group.
- Proactively managing the client relationship, by maintaining frequent contact with and serving as a trusted advisor for the client.
- Acting as a liaison between the client and our in-house creative and social media strategists, subcontractors, outside suppliers, and, as appropriate, other internal and external audiences.
- Independently developing and managing projects/programs, including implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, budgets, and timelines, with support from junior- and senior-level staff, as appropriate.
- Developing monitoring and metrics reporting; making recommendations to the client for appropriate process measures and metrics.
- Researching and writing strategic plans and memos, news releases, media coverage reports, case histories, fact sheets, talking points, brochures, and other collateral materials.
- Building and managing relationships with campaign and program partners at the national and local levels.
- Developing and delivering client presentations relative to project management/program status.
- Participating in Ogilvy’s business development efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, public relations, or related field.
- A minimum of 7 years of communication/public relations or related experience is required; prior public relations agency, consulting, or government agency experience is preferred.
- Prior client-facing experience is required.
- Superior account management skills, including client relations, project management, and organizational skills.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Proven ability to work well independently and within a highly collaborative team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, and ability to multi-task and meet aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and writing skills, as well as past experience developing and executing strategic ideas and programs.
- Experience in partnership development and engagement or supporting advertising or integrated marketing campaigns desirable.
- Demonstrated client relations skills, including working successfully through challenging or complex situations; overcoming obstacles; and positioning oneself as a trusted advisor.
- Past experience contributing to the pursuit of new business, including proposal development, is preferred.
How to Apply
Please include a cover letter and resume. While we welcome applications from out-of-state candidates, we are unable to provide reimbursement for relocation or travel expenses for this position. Out-of-state applicants who wish to be considered for this position should indicate relocation plans, including timing. No phone calls or emails please. Only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Ogilvy Public Relations is a global, multi-disciplinary communications agency and is one of the top ten marketing communications firms worldwide. We employ over 2,200 people in 85 offices around the world. The strength of our reputation lies in the collective skills and talents of these individuals. Our tradition of providing training and career development for our talent began with our founder and continues today over 60 years later.
Ogilvy Washington is the largest WPP office in the DC area, and has been a market leader here for over 35 years. Our communications professionals specialize in advocacy, association communications, behavior change, branding, content, corporate communications, energy, food, healthcare, international relations, issues and crisis management, public policy, reputation management, social/digital, trade, technology and telecommunications.
Ogilvy PR is a unit of Ogilvy & Mather, a WPP company (NASDAQ: WPPGY). For more information, visit our website at www.ogilvypr.com or follow us on Twitter @ogilvypr.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Ogilvy does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, domestic violence victim status, age, citizenship, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or because of any other status or condition protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Back to top