Account Director, Media Influence
Ogilvy Public Relations is currently seeking an experienced Account Director to join our Media Influence team. This role will work on a specialty practice that works across the agency to handle corporate reputation, strategic media relations and executive visibility. She/he will function as a leader on the team, managing two to three pieces of business and mentoring junior level staff. She/he will be an emerging company leader, demonstrating high-level professional knowledge and skills at both the strategic and tactical level. She/he should have project management, budgeting, counseling, programming, writing, people management and emerging business development skills. He/she takes responsibility for the projects he/she manages, providing excellent client service, applying the office’s best resources, effectively managing people involved in projects and managing for profitable growth.
- Develops, implements and tracks program measurement in line with program objectives
- Develops and manages projects/programs, including implementation plans, evaluation mechanisms, staffing plans, budgets and timelines
- Is able to develop account program tactics, and oversee development of budgets and timelines
- Independently handles several small accounts or major projects of a large account, performing much of the day-to-day work with assistance from both more junior and more senior staff as appropriate
- Is client’s primary day-to-day contact on projects, or for smaller accounts, is the contact for the full account and has client’s respect, trust and confidence
- Develops presentations for clients relative to project management/program status
- Leads agenda and plans client meetings
- Develops presentation materials for client meetings and event/year wrap-up report
- Keeps team(s) appropriately informed and involved in projects, leads team that feels empowered, respected, learning and well functioning
- Leads team meetings – both internal and client interactions/calls
- Identifies and secures help on emerging account problems
- Is able to articulate and apply agency vision, goals, practice areas, products and overall capabilities
- Provides leadership in developing and presenting new business programs for potential and existing clients
- Participation in at least two new business pitches per year
- Efficiently and effectively plans and manages events (e.g., press conferences, media tours, advocate briefings, etc.)
- Able to incorporate Digital Influence outlets into programs
- Supervises staff and manages up to ensure teams have a balanced workload, all the information they need to complete their tasks on deadline, opportunities for growth
- Develops accurate project budgets and monitors them effectively.
- 7+ years of similar experience in a fast-paced agency setting
- Bachelors Degree in Public Relations or similar field
- Has established a circle of industry editorial, investment community, professional and/or third-party group contacts.
- Has full understanding of public relations and a demonstrated ability to achieve public relations objectives
- Understands business trends for industry segment/products
- Is a broadly capable writer, able to generate a range of materials (e.g., client memos, press releases, speeches, and articles) that require minimal editing
- Is a skilled editor capable of directing the written materials of others
- Has established relationships with print and broadcast journalists
- Able to provide counsel and perspective to client on anticipated media interest/coverage
Ogilvy & Mather is one of the top ten marketing communications firms worldwide and the leading global network in one to one marketing. Today, Ogilvy employs over 15,000 people in 450 offices around the world. We are a member of the WPP family of companies. Our tradition of providing training and career development to our talent began with founder – David Ogilvy – and continues today over 60 years later. The strength of our reputation however, continues to lie in the collective skills and talents of the individuals we hire.
Back to top