Account Director, Healthcare
Role Overview: Ogilvy Public Relations is seeking an experienced project and account manager to join our growing Healthcare practice. Our new account director will have the innate ability to develop strong client relationships and will be considered a company leader. She/He will have a high level of professional knowledge and skill, and manages a large account or a few smaller ones with little supervision from more senior staff members. As an emerging senior leader, our account director will serve as a counselor to both clients and staff members and must provide superior client service with confidence, independence and sound judgment.
This person can sit in either the NYC or DC office, depending on his/her preferred location.
- Serve as the client contact on the overall business; set and manage client expectations, including developing, implementing and tracking measurements in line with program objectives; manage projects and programs, including implementation, evaluation, staffing, budget and timelines; develop yearly strategic/tactical programming for the account; identify opportunities for organic growth; maintain client relationships; independently manage several small accounts or major projects on a larger account; direct much of the day-to-day work with the assistance from senior staff as appropriate
- Manage account team to ensure work is appropriately delegated to the right staff members within the team structure; help nurture and grow junior staff members, including identifying opportunities for professional advancement; ensure team members are appropriately informed and involved in projects; ensure deadlines are met; participate in hiring, assessment and career development activities; conduct bi-annual performance appraisals of direct reports
- Establish and maintain relationships with trade and consumer media; ensure pitches are strategic and executed appropriately
- Draft high-level PR materials; ensure that all written materials and correspondence are strategic and meet the client's and account's objectives
- Develop and monitor accurate project budgets; maintain ongoing financial liaison with clients beyond monthly billing; assist senior staff with monthly forecasting, monitoring weekly team billing, meeting monthly and annual projections, and sharing financial information with Finance, Group Head on a timely basis; follow up with client on collections and other financial details
- Provide leadership in growing existing accounts; identify and pursue opportunities for developing new business; participate in new business process, including serving as a member of the pitch team, delivering strong analyses, strategy and concepts to new programs, and completing other duties as necessary; work with senior management to ensure superb presentation skills
- Manages staff to maximize productivity and individual, team and financial performance
- Fully understands PR with a consistent track record of achieving PR objectives
- Anticipates and develops solutions to client needs and problems
- Directs and facilitates others' contributions to team, staff and client meetings.
- Works with senior managers to identify and address supervisory training, leadership and career development needs.
- 7-10 years of experience in public relations; agency experience preferred
- Experience in Healthcare public relations required
- Has established a circle of industry editorial, investment community, professional and/or third-party group contacts
- Has strong presentation skills and demonstrated ability to play a leadership role in a wide range of presentation settings
- Provides strong leadership in building effective, productive account teams
Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide (Ogilvy PR) is a global, multi-disciplinary communications leader operating in more than 70 markets. Named 2009 Large Agency of the Year by PRNews and 2008 Large Agency of the Year by The Holmes Report, Ogilvy PR blends proven PR methodologies with cutting edge digital innovations to craft strategic programs that give clients winning and measurable results. In its 28th year, Ogilvy PR provides strategic public relations counsel to a variety of clients across its social marketing, public affairs, healthcare, consumer marketing, 360-degree digital influence, corporate, and technology practices. Ogilvy PR is a WPP company, one of the world's largest communications services organizations (NASDAQ: WPPGY ,www.wpp.com). For more information, visit our Web site at www.ogilvypr.com.
Meet Some of Ogilvy's Employees
Assistant Account Executive
Alexander and his team bridge the gap between Ogilvy’s clients and its internal departments. As an Assistant Account Executive, Alexander combines client feedback with creative know-how put together amazing campaigns.
Back to top