Account Director (FMCG & Retail)
At Coley Porter Bell, we create successful brands that Seduce the Subconscious and Convince the Conscious.
We do this by leveraging learnings from neuroscience to ensure we create brands that appeal to the primary decision making part of our brain – the intuitive rapid response part, as well as to the part that justifies those decisions – the logical, conscious thinking part.
One of the ways we do this is through the proprietary method of ‘Visual Planning’ enabling us to create beautifully persuasive brand strategies and identities that drive choice, create loyalty and ultimately grow our clients’ brands and their bottom line.
As part of our continued expansion, we have an immediate requirement for an Account Director to join our busy Client Services team. Based on the South Bank, this is a fantastic role, ideal for a proactive Account Director looking for an exciting and challenging move.
You have a talent for building relationships with senior-level client partners and instil complete confidence through your ability to see the bigger picture and understand your clients’ worlds
You love to be face-to-face with your clients and can be found frequently walking the corridors, influencing the client’s business and ensuring we are seen as true strategic partners
You’re brilliant at motivating and organising your team and are seen internally and externally as persuasive and authoritative
A commercially-minded negotiator, you will deliver profitable growth, accurate forecasts and actively improve profit margins and project efficiencies – you’re able to represent CPB’s interests and champion the value our work brings
You’re passionate about the business and you will work with other Ogilvy offices and partners to introduce CPB and start to build interpersonal relationships
- Bring a sense of curiosity, looking both inside and outside of our industry for ways to grow existing clients as well as help generate new client opportunities
- Develop growth and marketing plans for your clients, with senior-level relationship building always at the forefront
- Be creative in your approach, coming up with ideas for and driving initiatives within the Account Management team and the Ogilvy group
- Guide and coach younger members of the team while also ensuring capacity planning reflects what’s needed to deliver the work
- Play a key role in new business pitches, working across teams to develop extraordinary, unexpected big ideas and help prepare our response
You will have…
- Relevant and previous Retail account management experience working on multi-national accounts, with multiple components across B2B and B2C
- A generous, empowering leadership style
- Judgment, experience and decisiveness to make things happen
- Good communication skills, intuitively able to provide insight, encouragement and constructive direction to clients and colleagues
- A curious and agile mindset combined with practicality and commerciality
- Passion for reaching the most extraordinary results in strategy and creative whilst being an arbiter of quality Removal Date 24-Oct-2017
Back to top